Professional Web Applications Themes

CSS wont load - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I am a web developer. I have a customer who uses Contribute 3 to keep their site's content fresh. I have set the site up using templates, css and library items in Dreamweaver Ultra Dev. My customer has two sites in fact... one where the style sheet loads and they can select styles from the drop down, and the other that does not bring in the style sheet... and therefore they add all types of code to the pages and things look really bad. Has anyone else experienced this? Both sites are on the same server, structured in the same ...

  1. #1

    Default CSS wont load

    I am a web developer. I have a customer who uses Contribute 3 to keep their
    site's content fresh. I have set the site up using templates, css and library
    items in Dreamweaver Ultra Dev. My customer has two sites in fact... one where
    the style sheet loads and they can select styles from the drop down, and the
    other that does not bring in the style sheet... and therefore they add all
    types of code to the pages and things look really bad.

    Has anyone else experienced this? Both sites are on the same server,
    structured in the same way. The css is external to the html doents.

    css_troubles Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: CSS wont load

    I don't have an answer for you, I wish I did. I'm posting to ask if you have
    been able to solve this problem, because I'm having it as well. Some sites
    show the styles from the linked stylesheet in the style dropdown just fine, but
    I have one site that doesn't, and I can't figure out what's wrong. If you have
    a solution, would you post it here? Thank you!

    Willa Cline Guest

  3. #3

    Hi, Have the very same problem. Have a number of site using Contribute 3, some
    show style when being edited others do not, the code is the same.

    Very annoying, been using Contribute for a couple of years now and always be a
    firm advocate of it. Now looking for a replacement system. :( poor effort
    Macromedia or Adobe who ever you are.

    ShiverSol Guest

  4. #4

    I thought I had replied with my solution, but I guess not. In my case,
    another developer had worked on the site before I got it, and he had put the
    css declaration *above* the HTML tag, so Contribute wasn't picking it up (it
    apparently couldn't see it because it was outside the HTML tags. Once I moved
    the CSS line between the HEAD tags, Contribute picked it up. It doesn't sound
    like that's the problem you're having, but thought I'd post it here anyway.

    Willa Cline Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks Willa Cline, not the same issue as ours but may have given me an idea to work on. I'll get back to you if it works :) dont hold your breath.
    ShiverSol Guest

  6. #6

    I'm not sure if our problem is quite the same, but I created a
    Contribute-specific style sheet so that editors wouldn't see all the styles
    they don't need to see. However, the list of styles that shows up in that sheet
    varies from page to page within the same site.

    gefjo Guest