1. Click on the pen tool.
2. click on the canvas.
3. click on the canvas again in a different spot and drag while clicking to make a curve.
4. Click on the Type tool (hold button down while clicking) and select the type on path tool.
5. Place the cursor over the curve and click when you see a "+" (plus sign) appear.
6. press the appropriate keys on your keyboard to make words appear on the curve. :P
7. Right click on the words and select "type on path>options" for more options.
8. justify centered if preferred.
VIOLA! We have text that is curved.
I hope 8 steps isn't too much for ya! <g>