Professional Web Applications Themes

Curves for PE2 - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Via a thread in this forum I picked up a website where you can download the famous curves tool. I understand that to add something to PE you cannot simply download. The plug in(?) has to be put some where in the soft ware. This is new for me and I don't want to corrupt PE2 by doing something silly. What happens for instance if you upgrade to PE3? Or did Adobe the wise thing and added this tool in 3? Please share some experience. Robert...

  1. #1

    Default Curves for PE2

    Via a thread in this forum I picked up a website where you can download the famous curves tool.
    I understand that to add something to PE you cannot simply download. The plug in(?) has to be put some where in the soft ware.
    This is new for me and I don't want to corrupt PE2 by doing something silly.
    What happens for instance if you upgrade to PE3? Or did Adobe the wise thing and added this tool in 3?
    Please share some experience.

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Curves for PE2

    Bob, thank you for the explanation. I still want the curves though.

    Leen,

    I believe I have the US/British-version as I got mine via Amazon.com.

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  3. #3

    I bought Richard Lynchs book "The Hiddenpower of Elements2" which comes with a CD that includes curves, masking and much more. Best buy I've made. Check it out on Amazon.com.
    Bob
    Bob Polk Guest

  4. #4

    Bob,

    you got there exactly at the same time as I posted the previous message.
    That book you are referring to, does that include downloadable curves?

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  5. #5

    Robert,

    It's not so much "locked" as they didn't put it on the menu or give it a
    shortcut. Since it isn't a fully fleshed out function, you can create a
    curves layer but once you click ok, the layer isn't editable. If you need
    to make a change you can either delete the layer and redo it or add another
    curves layer. I hope PE3 makes it a standard fully functional capability
    like any other adjustment layer.

    The biggest thing to watch out for is making sure you install it in the
    English language version and that you follow the instructions. The biggest
    problem that seems to come up is that it didn't work because it was
    installed in the wrong location.

    It's pretty benign, I wouldn't worry about it messing up Elements. It adds
    all new folders and files with the exception of one or two html files
    (depending on whose add-in package you use it will replace the recipes main
    html file and/or the welcome html file). You can copy these html files to a
    safe location before installing if you want to be safe and provide for an
    easy restore.

    Nancy and Bob have already mentioned that curves were available in Richard
    Lynch's book if you don't want to use the free Shipley add-in. Excellent
    book, I bought my copy pre-publication through Amazon. Well worth reading
    but definitely not a beginner's book. Richard also has some additional free
    tools on his web site and/or in the Adobe Exchange.

    Bob

    RobertHJones Guest