I have a bunch of custom components in my application and I use events to
communicate between them extensively.
After I moved my code to Flex 3 none of my component events show up for code
hinting. It all compiles and runs as expected, but none of the custom events
show up in Flex Builder 3. Not in the component's properties palette or for
code hinting in the source editor.

Everything was nice and dandy with Flex 2.0.1.

Has anything changed on the way one declares custom events? I looked at the
doentation for Flex 3 and at the code in 3.0 SDK and I cannot see anything
that I might be doing wrong. Specially because the app compiles and works as
expected.

Some components are mxml and the events are declared like:
<mx:Metadata>
[Event(name='gotoProjects', type='mx.events.DynamicEvent')]
[Event(name='gotoGrants', type='mx.events.DynamicEvent')]
</mx:Metadata>

The only place I can see a difference in behaviour with FB3 is that I'm now
using modules.
The example above is inside a custom Canvas component whose entire code is:

<mx:Metadata>
[Event(name='gotoProjects', type='mx.events.DynamicEvent')]
[Event(name='gotoGrants', type='mx.events.DynamicEvent')]
</mx:Metadata>

<AdminModules:AdminCompetitionModule x="0" y="0" id="thePage" />

The events are in fact bubbled from the embedded module.

It seems FB3 is not taking the Event metatag into account for some reason. is
there any project setting to make that work? Or is that an already reported bug?

As I said the code/project was converted from FB2. Maybe some project setting
did not convert properly.

thanks for any help
julio carneiro