I am building a custom DataSourceObject for my Business Layer. I have
been following Nikhil Kothari's articles
[url]http://www.nikhilk.net/DataSourceControlsSummary.aspx[/url].

I have the select portion working except that the GridView does not
recognize that the data source is pageable.

I have overridden the CanPage property of the data view
public override bool CanPage
{
get
{
return true;
}
}

and I am setting the Supported Capabilities in the ExecuteSelect
statement.
arguments.AddSupportedCapabilities(DataSourceCapab ilities.Page);

However, when I set the paging properties of the GridView
AllowPaging=true, PageIndex=0, PageSize=10

the DataSourceSelectArguments parameter of ExecuteSelect has -1 as the
value for the MaximumRows properties.

Thanks,
John