Professional Web Applications Themes

D-70 SN? - Photography

Please, Where is the D-70 SN? I flipped it over, I removed the lens, no visual SN. I know.....If I can't find the SN, I shouldn't own the camera. I hope you will humor an old guy. Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default D-70 SN?

    Please, Where is the D-70 SN? I flipped it over, I removed the lens, no
    visual SN. I know.....If I can't find the SN, I shouldn't own the camera. I
    hope you will humor an old guy.

    Thanks

    MrB Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: D-70 SN?

    On 27 Dec 2004 in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, MrB wrote:
    > Please, Where is the D-70 SN? I flipped it over, I removed the lens,
    > no visual SN. I know.....If I can't find the SN, I shouldn't own the
    > camera. I hope you will humor an old guy.
    It's tough to find - etched into the bottom but not colored in. I had to
    flip the camera over half a dozen times before I found it. It starts
    somewhere just above the 'k' in Nikon on the label. See:

    [url]http://makowiec.net/test/d70Serial.jpg[/url]

    --
    Joe Makowiec
    [url]http://makowiec.org/[/url]

  3. #3

    "MrB" <brooksrohotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Please, Where is the D-70 SN? I flipped it over, I removed the lens, no
    > visual SN. I know.....If I can't find the SN, I shouldn't own the camera.
    > hope you will humor an old guy.
    It is on the bottom. You will need bright light and a magnifying glass to
    read it.

    C J Campbell Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks for nothing.

    "muddycat" <muddydotcat> wrote in message
    > In article <A5ydnX7euYHeV03cRVn-sQadelphia.com>,
    > "MrB" <brooksrohotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Please, Where is the D-70 SN? I flipped it over, I removed the lens, no
    >> visual SN. I know.....If I can't find the SN, I shouldn't own the camera.
    >> hope you will humor an old guy.
    >
    > On the box it came in...

    MrB Guest

  5. #5

    Perfect. Thank you.

    news:Xns95CCE54BFB377makowiecatnycapdotrE24.24.2. 167...

  6. #6

    Got it! You are right. A light at the right angle and it is sort of easy to
    see. Thank you for your reply.

    "C J Campbell" <christophercampbellNOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "MrB" <brooksrohotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Please, Where is the D-70 SN? I flipped it over, I removed the lens, no
    >> visual SN. I know.....If I can't find the SN, I shouldn't own the camera.
    >> hope you will humor an old guy.
    >
    > It is on the bottom. You will need bright light and a magnifying glass to
    > read it.

    MrB Guest

  7. #7

    In article <A5ydnX7euYHeV03cRVn-sQadelphia.com>, [email]brooksrohotmail.com[/email] says...

    >Please, Where is the D-70 SN? I flipped it over, I removed the lens, no
    >visual SN. I know.....If I can't find the SN, I shouldn't own the camera. I
    >hope you will humor an old guy.
    >
    >Thanks
    You probably have your answer by now, but, besides the box, it is stamped into
    the base of the camera, albeit in tiny characters. I did the same thing as
    you, until I found it. I needed a loupe to actually read it, and found out
    that I missed read two numerals, when checked against the box.

    Hunt

    Hunt Guest

  8. #8

    Amazing, isn't it. Thanks

    "Hunt" <noonehunt.com> wrote in message
    > In article <A5ydnX7euYHeV03cRVn-sQadelphia.com>, [email]brooksrohotmail.com[/email]
    > says...
    >>
    >>Please, Where is the D-70 SN? I flipped it over, I removed the lens, no
    >>visual SN. I know.....If I can't find the SN, I shouldn't own the camera.
    >>hope you will humor an old guy.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >
    > You probably have your answer by now, but, besides the box, it is stamped
    > into
    > the base of the camera, albeit in tiny characters. I did the same thing as
    > you, until I found it. I needed a loupe to actually read it, and found out
    > that I missed read two numerals, when checked against the box.
    >
    > Hunt

    MrB Guest

  9. #9

    Yes, thanks. I was looking for the number on the camera itself.

    "Ed Ruf" <egruf_usenetcox.net> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:12:49 -0800, in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems "MrB"
    > <brooksrohotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks for nothing.
    >
    > Well, alt least on the box for my D70 kit there is a sticker on the bottom
    > with both the camera and kit lens serial #s.
    > __________________________________________________ ______
    > Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 (UsenetEdwardG.Ruf.com)
    > [url]http://EdwardGRuf.com[/url]

    MrB Guest

  10. #10

    In article <npSdnT3q8cjDLk_cRVn-igadelphia.com>, [email]brooksrohotmail.com[/email] says...

    >Amazing, isn't it. Thanks
    >
    >"Hunt" <noonehunt.com> wrote in message
    >> In article <A5ydnX7euYHeV03cRVn-sQadelphia.com>, [email]brooksrohotmail.com[/email]
    >> says...
    >>>
    >>>Please, Where is the D-70 SN? I flipped it over, I removed the lens, no
    >>>visual SN. I know.....If I can't find the SN, I shouldn't own the camera.
    >>>hope you will humor an old guy.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>
    >> You probably have your answer by now, but, besides the box, it is stamped
    >> into
    >> the base of the camera, albeit in tiny characters. I did the same thing as
    >> you, until I found it. I needed a loupe to actually read it, and found out
    >> that I missed read two numerals, when checked against the box.
    >>
    >> Hunt
    MrB,

    I think OUR problem comes from having had too many Nikons in the past. Then,
    the SN was usually on the top plate, or even under the Photomic meter-head, OR
    under the lens mount. I had always wondered what 1pt type was used for, now I
    know - it's for the Nikon D70 SN!!!!!!

    Hunt

    Hunt Guest

  11. #11

    > I think OUR problem comes from having had too many Nikons in the past.
    > Then,
    > the SN was usually on the top plate, or even under the Photomic
    > meter-head, OR
    > under the lens mount. I had always wondered what 1pt type was used for,
    > now I
    > know - it's for the Nikon D70 SN!!!!!!
    >
    > Hunt

    Roger that. The SN must be considered semi-secret. Anyway, I have my answer
    and I thank all who replied.

    Richard

    MrB Guest

  12. #12

    Thanks folks! For the question and the answers. I just got mine
    yesterday, so now the adventure begins. I have a feeling that I'll be
    busy adding knowledge as I shoot pictures for many months to come and
    this was a great place to start. Not having hit 60 yet, I was starting
    to wonder where the 'old man' moniker kicked in until someone showed
    the way. At 58, that's mighty damn small print and until you hit the
    exact right angle with the light, there is no contrast at all. Now
    that I feel young again, I think I'll take my new camera for a walk.
    Happy New Year!

    Kitt Guest

  13. #13

    Congrats on your new camera.

    63 here

    "Kitt" <kittochtinny> wrote in message
    news:1104426969.565149.183890z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    > Thanks folks! For the question and the answers. I just got mine
    > yesterday, so now the adventure begins. I have a feeling that I'll be
    > busy adding knowledge as I shoot pictures for many months to come and
    > this was a great place to start. Not having hit 60 yet, I was starting
    > to wonder where the 'old man' moniker kicked in until someone showed
    > the way. At 58, that's mighty damn small print and until you hit the
    > exact right angle with the light, there is no contrast at all. Now
    > that I feel young again, I think I'll take my new camera for a walk.
    > Happy New Year!

    MrB Guest

  14. #14

    Just stick a 17-35 2.8 on the fromt and you'll see evrything a whole lot
    better, if fact you'll not even feel the camera is there cos the lens is
    almost twice the weight of the camera!! Oh yes, it removes quite a lot of
    weight from your bank account too!!!
    > Congrats on your new camera.
    >
    > 63 here
    >
    > "Kitt" <kittochtinny> wrote in message
    > news:1104426969.565149.183890z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    >> Thanks folks! For the question and the answers. I just got mine
    >> yesterday, so now the adventure begins. I have a feeling that I'll be
    >> busy adding knowledge as I shoot pictures for many months to come and
    >> this was a great place to start. Not having hit 60 yet, I was starting
    >> to wonder where the 'old man' moniker kicked in until someone showed
    >> the way. At 58, that's mighty damn small print and until you hit the
    >> exact right angle with the light, there is no contrast at all. Now
    >> that I feel young again, I think I'll take my new camera for a walk.
    >> Happy New Year!

    Nick Beard Guest