Professional Web Applications Themes

D11 Cross-Platform Shockwave Issue - Macromedia Director 3D

I just did a build of a Shockwave version of a freeware game that I created in Director. I'm using the DCR and HTML page generated by Director 11, but while it loads and orks just fine on a Mac, it doesn't load on my Windows computer (or on Parallels or BootCamp on my Mac). On Windows, it just hangs there with an empty progress bar. Forever. You can see it in action here: http://gigaplay.com/microbop/sw Thing is, I've done a Shockwave build of another freeware game of mine and it works fine on my Windows computer. You can see it ...

  1. #1

    Default D11 Cross-Platform Shockwave Issue

    I just did a build of a Shockwave version of a freeware game that I created in
    Director.

    I'm using the DCR and HTML page generated by Director 11, but while it loads
    and orks just fine on a Mac, it doesn't load on my Windows computer (or on
    Parallels or BootCamp on my Mac). On Windows, it just hangs there with an
    empty progress bar. Forever.

    You can see it in action here: http://gigaplay.com/microbop/sw

    Thing is, I've done a Shockwave build of another freeware game of mine and it
    works fine on my Windows computer.

    You can see it here: http://gigaplay.com/letterboxed/sw

    Anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

    MartyPlumbo Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: D11 Cross-Platform Shockwave Issue

    hi marty,

    just tested with g5 macosx 3, safari, nothing happened.
    activity window telling me the state of game.dcr is prohibited...
    directly going to http://gigaplay.com/microbop/sw/game.dcr gives me this
    information:

    Directory has no index file.
    Browsing this site or directory without an index file is prohibited.

    If you are the site's webmaster, you can remedy this problem by creating a
    default HTML page with one of the following names:

    ? index.html
    ? index.htm
    ? default.htm
    ? Default.htm
    ? home.html
    ? Home.chtml
    NOTE: Filenames are case sensitive, i.e., Home.html is not the same as
    home.html

    by the way, why are you still working with director and not unity? just
    curious....
    have fun.

    cheers :beer;

    66mrbd7 Guest

  3. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    MartyPlumbo Guest
    Moderated Post

  4. #4

    [q]Originally posted by: MartyPlumbo
    Wow, talk about your cryptic usernames! ;-)[/q]

    yip, strange name... wonder what my parents thought... :O)

    and yes, worked fine on intel mac, leopard. was just too lazy to test on my
    imac ( still prefer my g5... - getting old?) and sort of curious what it looks
    like with old shockwave player. (on g5) camino was loading content, then
    informing that a new plugin has to be installed.
    funny games, btw :O)

    installing the new shockwave plugin means that all the havok stuff out there
    is lost, which i don't want. at least not now.
    like
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/showcase/index.cfm?event=casestudydetail&casestudyi
    d=336582&loc=en_us
    what definitely s. poor guys!

    hmm, not the right place i guess - but as it seems that for me director is
    history - are you using unity pro or indie?
    and is indie good enough? i downloaded the trial (by the way no problem
    ADOBE.... can you hear me ADOBE?! no, not listening anyway...) and it's quite
    impressing, but i don't have the time to get into it as much as i want to. so
    what do you think, how long does it take to put a project from director to
    unity with about 20000 lines of lingo...
    hmm, maybe a silly question, but i definitely have to look for an alternative
    to director. and any information is very much appreciated, especially as you
    are a director and unity user. by the way, the unity-community seems to be very
    friendly and helpful.

    66mrbd7 Guest

  5. #5

    The game works correctly in my Win Xp on Firefox but Fails in Internet Explorer????
    karlesman Guest

  6. #6

    Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of Windows side failures, with both Explorer 6 and 7.
    I'm not sure what's up either. The problem might be in the Visual Basic script
    in the Director Publish-generated INDEX.HTM code that I'm using.

    I mean, shouldn't a project that works in the editor work once published,
    without much grief? The folks at http://unity3d.com seem to feel that way.
    ;-)

    I'll tell, it's amazing to me how much time I spend in post getting a done
    project to deploy properly in Director. I was hoping D11 would remedy that, at
    least to a degree. Guess I was hoping for too much.

    MartyPlumbo Guest