When DataBackup Classic runs, it purges the System Startup Folder
contents. Not only does it's own icon disappear, but Stickies and any
other aliases present vaporize. They're not just trashed, they disappear
without trace. This leaves the backup server vulnerable to any power
failures. It may come back to life but won't remember to reboot DBC for
the next scheduled backup.

Problem occurs in both OS8.6 and 9.1. Locking the icons, even sharing
the folder doesn't help.

Prosoft weren't able to help when I enquired some months ago but are
working on it at the moment. I'm curious to hear if anyone else has
struck this problem

This is an otherwise excellent Backup Utility, I'd say go with it for
manual backups but don't depend on the automatic feature for the moment.

--
....IRO