Professional Web Applications Themes

data source could not be found error - Coldfusion Database Access

I just go a new computer and so far I have done the following: - activated IIS as part of XP Prof\ - installed Studio MX as well as the developer version of ColdFusion server that comes on the same CD - moved all my files from my old computer to my new computer (local files on the C drive as well as the remote folder under wwwroot) I recreated a System DSN (from Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools/Datasource) for one of my sites and got this error. I have been using this for several years now - so I ...

  1. #1

    Default data source could not be found error

    I just go a new computer and so far I have done the following:
    - activated IIS as part of XP Prof\
    - installed Studio MX as well as the developer version of ColdFusion server
    that comes on the same CD
    - moved all my files from my old computer to my new computer (local files on
    the C drive as well as the remote folder under wwwroot)
    I recreated a System DSN (from Control Panel/Performance and
    Maintenance/Administrative Tools/Datasource) for one of my sites and got this
    error. I have been using this for several years now - so I assume I know what I
    am doing - but cannot explain why I get this error. Can someone help me out?
    thanks, Jannette

    ------------
    Data source dsnAdopt could not be found.

    The Error Occurred in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Pub_AdoptUSTroops\events.cfm: line 3

    1 : <cfset today = CreateODBCDate(Now())>
    2 :
    3 : <cfquery name="findEvents" datasource="dsnAdopt">
    4 : SELECT *
    5 : FROM tblEvents

    DATASOURCE dsnAdopt

    Jannette T Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: data source could not be found error

    Did you create/recreate a datasource in the CF Administrator and successfully verify it?
    mxstu Guest

  3. #3

    I have always created the data source through the Control Panel interface - which has been working just fine for 3 years on my desk top as well as on a laptop.

    Jannette
    Jannette T Guest

  4. #4

    Maybe older versions of CF may have automatically picked up system dsn's. Afaik, with MX you need to create a DSN in the CF Administrator, even if you are using ODBC socket.
    mxstu Guest

  5. #5

    Well - it looks like I have a problem with the ColdFusion installation. I just
    reinstalled the ColdFusion MX server from the CD and when it opens up the
    administrator page ([url]http://localhost:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm[/url]) it
    comes up with the following error. Maybe this is the basic reason of my ODBC
    problems????

    Jannette

    ------------------
    Error Occurred While Processing Request

    Please Try The Following:

    Check the CFML Reference Manual to verify that you are using the correct
    syntax.

    Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

    Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR
    1.1.4322; InfoPath.1)
    Remote Address 127.0.0.1
    Referer
    Date/Time 28-Nov-05 08:35 AM

    Stack Trace (click to expand)

    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot set
    up certs for trusted CAs
    at javax.crypto.b.([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
    at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
    at coldfusion.compiler.TemplateReader.decrypt(Unknown Source)
    at coldfusion.compiler.TemplateReader.(Unknown Source)
    at coldfusion.compiler.NeoTranslationContext.getPageR eader(Unknown Source)
    at coldfusion.compiler.NeoTranslator.translateJava(Un known Source)
    at coldfusion.compiler.NeoTranslator.translateJava(Un known Source)
    at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateClassLoader$1.fetch(Unk nown Source)
    at coldfusion.util.LruCache.get(Unknown Source)
    at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateClassLoader$TemplateCac he.fetchSerial(Unknown
    Source)
    at coldfusion.util.AbstractCache.fetch(Unknown Source)
    at coldfusion.util.SoftCache.get(Unknown Source)
    at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateClassLoader.findClass(U nknown Source)
    at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.inv oke(Unknown Source)
    at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(Unknown Source)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker. java:106)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvok erChain.java:42)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequ estDispatcher.java:241)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(Servlet EngineService.java:527)
    at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebSer vice.java:172)
    at
    jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invok eRunnable(ThreadPool.java:348)
    at
    jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRu nnable(ThreadPool.java:451)
    at
    jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeR unnable(ThreadPool.java:294)
    at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java :66)

    Jannette T Guest

  6. #6

    That sounds like a known issue with MX6. If you're using version 6, see this tech note:
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=98b88caa[/url]
    mxstu Guest

  7. #7

    Hi MXSTU,

    Thanks for pointing in that direction. I uninstalled the old version,
    downloaded the 6.1 verion and installed everything. Did some configuration and
    everything seems to be working OK right now (let's hope it stays like that!!!!).

    Thank you so much for you help. I probably wouldn't have been able to solve
    this without you.

    Jannette

    Jannette T Guest

  8. #8