Professional Web Applications Themes

Datagrid Heading (Text - Clickable) and Row Elements (checkboxes) = Select All Feature - ASP.NET Data Grid Control

I have spent all day trying to do this and have come up with a headache !! I have a DataGrid and a couple which is not bound to any data (it's a Template Column with all of the column rows as Checkboxes). Once the DataGrid is bound, it should allow the user to click on the column heading a (through JavaScript or a Server Side function) will check or uncheck all of the columns rows checkboxes. I have seen may examples of the Heading used for sorting or a checkbox in the heading to handle this but this is ...

  1. #1

    Default Datagrid Heading (Text - Clickable) and Row Elements (checkboxes) = Select All Feature

    I have spent all day trying to do this and have come up with a
    headache !!

    I have a DataGrid and a couple which is not bound to any data (it's a
    Template Column with all of the column rows as Checkboxes).

    Once the DataGrid is bound, it should allow the user to click on the
    column heading a (through JavaScript or a Server Side function) will
    check or uncheck all of the columns rows checkboxes.

    I have seen may examples of the Heading used for sorting or a checkbox
    in the heading to handle this but this is not what is being asked for.

    1. How can I change the Template Column Heading to a "clickable" Text
    button (if that's possible). (Link button ?!)
    BTHOMASinOHIO Guest

  2. #2

    Checkout the event ItemCreated
    and check when the header row is being created.... create a checkbox in the
    cell required.

    this.ItemCreated += new DataGridItemEventHandler(myGrid_ItemCreated);

    private void myGrid_ItemCreated(object sender, DataGridItemEventArgs e)
    {

    if (e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.Header)
    {
    CheckBox chk = new CheckBox();
    chk.ID = "chkAll";
    chk.Checked = false;
    chk.CssClass = "checkBox";

    e.Item.Cells[3].Controls.Add(chk);
    }
    }

    Matt.

    "BTHOMASinOHIO" <bthomas71chevy> wrote in message
    news:dbee16f6.0311101233.5fbd4efeposting.google.c om...
    > I have spent all day trying to do this and have come up with a
    > headache !!
    >
    > I have a DataGrid and a couple which is not bound to any data (it's a
    > Template Column with all of the column rows as Checkboxes).
    >
    > Once the DataGrid is bound, it should allow the user to click on the
    > column heading a (through JavaScript or a Server Side function) will
    > check or uncheck all of the columns rows checkboxes.
    >
    > I have seen may examples of the Heading used for sorting or a checkbox
    > in the heading to handle this but this is not what is being asked for.
    >
    > 1. How can I change the Template Column Heading to a "clickable" Text
    > button (if that's possible). (Link button ?!)

    Matt Guest

  3. #3

    I forgot to mention... you need to add:

    chk.AutoPostback = true;

    chk.CheckedChanged += new EventHandler(chk_CheckedChanged);

    to handle the event:

    private void chk_CheckedChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {

    bool checked = ((CheckBox)sender).Checked;

    // do something based on whether the checkbox is checked or not. i.e. run
    through each row and change the Checked property by finding the control in
    the cell.

    CheckBox chk;

    foreach (DataGridItem dgi in myDataGrid.Items)

    {

    if (dgi.ItemType != ListItemType.Header)

    {

    chk = (CheckBox)FindControl("chkDelete");

    if (chk != null)

    chk.Checked = checked;

    }

    }