Professional Web Applications Themes

Datagrid not updated during delete, but updated during insert and update - ASP.NET Data Grid Control

Hello everyone. A test webform here, single datagrid bound to one table through dataset, and controls to delete, update and insert data. The code is built upon the samples from Quickstarts. The problem is: when you perform a delete operation, the data (single row) is deleted just fine, however, the datagrid on the webform is not updated. Well actually, it is updated, but a one-step delay occurs. I.e. when you select the record "a" and hit delete, it is deleted but still shown in the datagrid, when you then select record "b" and hit delete, the data grid no longer ...

Default Datagrid not updated during delete, but updated during insert and update

Hello everyone.

A test webform here, single datagrid bound to one table through dataset, and controls to delete, update and insert data. The code is built upon the samples from Quickstarts. The problem is: when you perform a delete operation, the data (single row) is deleted just fine, however, the datagrid on the webform is not updated. Well actually, it is updated, but a one-step delay occurs. I.e. when you select the record "a" and hit delete, it is deleted but still shown in the datagrid, when you then select record "b" and hit delete, the data grid no longer shows record "a" but still shows record "b", etc.

Insert an Update actions work fine - ie changes are immediately reflected in the datagrin on a webform. I am using the same dataset update methods for both insert, update and delete webform events, so it's weird why only delete goes fishy. The methods called after each update are:

mysqldataadapter.Fill(mydataset, "mytable");
    mydatagrid.DataBind()

Any ideas here?

--
    Dmitry Korolyov,
    [email]d__knosmapformorons.mail.ru[/email]
    To e-mail me, remove "nospamformorons".

Dmitry Korolyov Guest

Default Re: Datagrid not updated during delete, but updated during insert and update

Bind the datagrid after deleting the record from the database. This should solve your problem.

--
    Saravana
    Microsoft India Community Star,MC**
    [url]www.extremeexperts.com[/url]

"Dmitry Korolyov" <d__knospamformorons.mail.ru> wrote in message news:uG8JtpPgDHA.2172TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    Hello everyone.

A test webform here, single datagrid bound to one table through dataset, and controls to delete, update and insert data. The code is built upon the samples from Quickstarts. The problem is: when you perform a delete operation, the data (single row) is deleted just fine, however, the datagrid on the webform is not updated. Well actually, it is updated, but a one-step delay occurs. I.e. when you select the record "a" and hit delete, it is deleted but still shown in the datagrid, when you then select record "b" and hit delete, the data grid no longer shows record "a" but still shows record "b", etc.

Insert an Update actions work fine - ie changes are immediately reflected in the datagrin on a webform. I am using the same dataset update methods for both insert, update and delete webform events, so it's weird why only delete goes fishy. The methods called after each update are:

mydatagrid.DataBind()

Any ideas here?

--
    Dmitry Korolyov,

Saravana Guest

Default Re: Datagrid not updated during delete, but updated during insert and update

I am binding it after closing connection, which also means after deleting the record.

By the way, I've just created a blank web form (now not using designer), and migrated all my code there, creating connection, dataset etc objects manually withing the code. It works. Old one (created by visual designer) still shows that ugly delete lag.

--
    Dmitry Korolyov,

"Saravana" <saravanksct.co.in.nospam> wrote in message news:ua8aLkQgDHA.3324TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    Bind the datagrid after deleting the record from the database. This should solve your problem.

--
    Saravana

"Dmitry Korolyov" <d__knospamformorons.mail.ru> wrote in message news:uG8JtpPgDHA.2172TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    Hello everyone.

mydatagrid.DataBind()

Any ideas here?

--
    Dmitry Korolyov,

Dmitry Korolyov Guest

Can you send your code. We can look into that...

--
    Saravana

"Dmitry Korolyov" <d__knospamformorons.mail.ru> wrote in message news:OHqqnwRgDHA.632TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    I am binding it after closing connection, which also means after deleting the record.

By the way, I've just created a blank web form (now not using designer), and migrated all my code there, creating connection, dataset etc objects manually withing the code. It works. Old one (created by visual designer) still shows that ugly delete lag.

--
    Dmitry Korolyov,

"Saravana" <saravanksct.co.in.nospam> wrote in message news:ua8aLkQgDHA.3324TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

--
    Saravana

Hello everyone.

mydatagrid.DataBind()

Any ideas here?

--
    Dmitry Korolyov,

Saravana Guest