Well I replied to Puzzled because he can't reply in a thread, instead posts a new thread.
You don't have that problem so Puzzled is connecting to the same NNTP server using the same
OE News Client version, yet he says he get the error --
"...The newsgroup rec.photo.digital.slr-systems' could not be resolved. Yet I always seem
able to send a New Post."

That indicates Puzzled is having the problems and its not the server nor his News Client.

Dave L.