I have downloaded the 8.1 trial edition, which the web site says is
installable on Win98SE. However, the installation will not proceed.

I am a software developer and I need a version of DB2 for testing a new
application meant to operate on many different RDBMSs. I used to have a copy
of DB2 that did work on Win98SE, probably Version 7, but it must have gotten
deleted from my system. I really don't care what version I get, as long as
it's free.

Can anyone point me to a way to get a working version of DB2 installed on my
system?

TIA

JL