Professional Web Applications Themes

Debugging - ASP

It has nothing to do with IIS, go into your IE settings and shut off: show friendly http errors hth, Andrew * * * Sent via DevBuilder [url]http://www.devbuilder.org[/url] * * * Developer Resources for High End Developers....

  1. #1

    Default Re: Debugging

    It has nothing to do with IIS, go into your IE settings and shut off:
    show friendly http errors

    hth,
    Andrew

    * * * Sent via DevBuilder [url]http://www.devbuilder.org[/url] * * *
    Developer Resources for High End Developers.
    Andrew Durstewitz Guest

  2. #2

    [url]http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109[/url]

    "Tom Williams" <t.b.williamsdur.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to configure IIS so that instead of displaying a
    generic
    > 500 Internal Server Error, It isn't exaclty helpful for debugging

    Kris Eiben Guest

  3. #3

    Default debugging

    Does anyone know any good debugging techniques. Especially for mysql
    queries, and global variables. My php IDE's (Glimmer, and Bluefish)
    supposedly have debugging functions but I cant figure out how they work.
    So any help would be excellent. Thanks

    Joe
    joemyre Guest

  4. #4

    In article <pan.2003.07.17.16.42.46.35822hotmail.com>,
    "joemyre" <dubsteezeeNOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
    > My php IDE's (Glimmer, and Bluefish)
    > supposedly have debugging functions but I cant figure out how they work.
    Are you sure about that? Both appear to be strictly editors, and I'm not
    finding the word "debug" on their sites. Perhaps the debugging features
    are through some third-party plugin...?

    --
    CC
    CC Zona Guest

  5. #5

    None of my applications will run because Visual Studio is 'Unable to start
    debugging on the server'. What setting needs to be changed. Thanks in
    advance for any help

    Paul

    John Black Guest

  6. #6

    One of these two links might help...

    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306172[/url]
    and
    [url]http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc[/url]

    "John Black" <johnblackshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > None of my applications will run because Visual Studio is 'Unable to start
    > debugging on the server'. What setting needs to be changed. Thanks in
    > advance for any help
    >
    > Paul

    Doug Swanson Guest

  7. #7

    just a general debugging question:
    i'm writing a script (web script) and i keep getting back the infamous
    Error message:
    Premature end of script headers: new_batch_convert.pl

    I have "use strict" and "use warnings", and I check the error log but that
    message is ALL i get. i'm trying to comment out different regions to get it
    to work that way but i was wondering if there were any other suggestions for
    approaching this. Basically, I had a working script that i modified and now
    i don't know where my bug is. If it was a missing semicolon or parentheses,
    I would get some line number reference right?

    thanks!

    superfly2 Guest

  8. #8

    superfly2 <darius_fatakia> wrote:
    > just a general debugging question:
    > i'm writing a script (web script) and i keep getting back the infamous
    > Error message:
    > Premature end of script headers: new_batch_convert.pl

    Try running it from the command line.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    [email]tadmcaugustmail.com[/email] Perl programming

  9. #9

    When I debug the project Icant into class.How can I do this???
    Tahnks

    ally Guest

  10. #10

    Do you use the Dockable.cfm Debugger?
    Because it's a popup, it gets blocked.
    And if I choose for it to be a panel, it takes up too much screen space.
    Am I missing something?
    Maybe it's the best thing since sliced bread, and I'm just one setting short
    of seeing how great it is.

    Phillip Senn Guest

  11. #11

    The person who wrote the dockable window...
    Does he or she use it?
    Phillip Senn Guest

  12. #12

    There are two kinds of people. You encounter the first, and ask,
    "How are you?". They reply, "Oh, I'm OK. Thanks. By the way the name
    is So-and-So. Just returned from Bajikistan, where I led a team involved
    in building a dam across the river Wakuwaku, which will preserve the
    delta,... Why? An initiative of the WWF, so that the famous, almost extinct
    Wakuwaku beaver would no longer be endangered. Talking of the WWF,
    believe it or not, I came to this through my daughter-in-law, great girl, how
    proud we're of her, it was mainly because of her one-woman initiative, her
    Wakuwaku foundation , that got the funding, practically got the whole thing
    off the ground... Yeah, hi... Yes, yes, just a minute, I'm having a most
    interesting discussion with this gentleman..."

    Then you meet the second type of character. "Hi". "Hi". "Come here
    often?". "Nope". "So, what do you do for a living?". "My job." . . .
    And so on.

    The world needs both types. The first is Classic, the second, Dockable.

    BKBK Guest

  13. #13

    OK, that makes sense :P
    I suppose it's better to have the verbose debugger turned on.
    If you're using the debugger, you're starting to grasp at straws and it's
    probably better to have everything known about the page displayed.

    There are 10 types of programmers.
    Those who can read binary, and those who can't.

    Phillip Senn Guest

  14. #14

    2 things

    1. the performace counters show up in perfmon but are grayed out. Id like to use them.

    2. i have turned on dugging but it doesn't show up in the browser.

    bpl Guest

  15. #15

    1) Enable Performance Monitoring at the bottom of debug settings.
    2) Add the IP of the machine you are debugging on in the debug IP page of
    cfadmin.

    If these suggestions do not fix it, give us specifics like cf version, OS, etc.

    ksmith Guest

  16. #16

    I have debugging turned off but the data it's still showing debugging data. Any ideas
    tmagee Guest