Professional Web Applications Themes

Default font in Illustrator CS - Adobe Illustrator Windows

Jacob Times New Roman PS MT is one of the font names in the drop down list of fonts in Illustrator 10 characters. I have changed the font from Myriad to Times New Roman PS MT and it works fine except that I was not able to make it the default font. In any case I shall try your suggestion and see if it works. Thanks again. Suryanarayana...

  1. #21

    Default Re: Default font in Illustrator CS

    Narasipur_Suryanarayana@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #22

    Narasipur,

    I meant the font name in C>Windows>Fonts.

    At least in my case it (NewBaskerville-Roman, without spaces) is different from the name in Illy (ITC New Baskerville>Roman, with spaces); I have used the former.

    So my guess for your case is TimesNewRoman, and if something more, separated by hyphens instead of spaces.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #23

    It looks like there are two AIprefs files - they are slightly different. One starts with a shortcut and the other as a txt file. I have changed the name from Myriad to TimesNewRoman in both cases but still no luck.
    Secondly, is it ok if the files are opened with either notepad or wordpad?
    I have been trying all combinations but without any success.
    Thanks for your patience with a novice.

  4. #24

    Suryanarayana,

    Does one (and only one) of the folders end with ... \Adobe Illustrator 10? If so, that is the one. I tshould start as text with a /

    If there are still any mentioning of Myriad in the font part of the file, try to replace that too.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #25

    I opened all AIprefs files and tried replacing Myriad-... with Times New Roman and Times-New-Roman. But no luck. However, I did succeed in getting the default font size changed from 12 to 10!
    Again Thanks for your help.

  6. #26

    Suryanarayana,

    As I wrote earlier, I think you should write TimesNewRoman with neither spaces nor hyphens, just as one word; hyphen in case of extension.

    Try the Great Invocation and delete any AIPrefs files related to version 10 (if you have older versions installed you may ignore those with folder names ending with something else than Illustrator 10).

    Then open and close Illy, and try once more using names without spaces.

    If that does not work, please make a transcript of the font part in AIPrefs and post it.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #27

    'b' SUCCESS at last.
    It looks like the only way is to change the font to
    TimesNewRomanPSMT
    the name in the dropdown list of charcters in ILL10, without any space of hyphen.
    Again, thanks for holding my hand and leading to the solution with so much patience. You are one in a million to help others without expecting anything in return (except, possibly, thank you!).
    thanks again and best wishes,
    May your tribe increase!

  8. #28

    Suryanarayana,

    You are really with friends in this forum, full of helpful people.

    Thank you for your kind words.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12