[email]Vinita.Bansaltrilogy.com[/email] writes:
> Postgres automatically creates index for Primary key of a table. I want to
> turn this off, so that the default index is not created for primary key.
> How can I do this??
Postgres does not support UNIQUE constraints (and PRIMARY KEY implies a UNIQUE
constraint) without an index. In Postgres the index is necessary to implement
the constraint.

In practice this doesn't usually cause any problem. Why do you want to do
this?

--
greg

subscribe-nomail command to [email]majordomopostgresql.org[/email] so that your