Professional Web Applications Themes

Deleting a home page - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

Would anyone please tell this novice how to delete an incorrect or unwanted link to a home page. I can't find how to do it anywhere and am in a mess. Simple English please.... Cheers David...

  1. #1

    Default Deleting a home page

    Would anyone please tell this novice how to delete an incorrect or unwanted link to a home page.

    I can't find how to do it anywhere and am in a mess.
    Simple English please....
    Cheers

    David
    freemanart Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Deleting a home page

    hi David - I just deleted a site from contribute3 on the pc - it's basically
    the same principle as I described from the mac:
    EDIT menu down to MY CONNECTIONS
    select the site/home page you want to delete, then hit the remove button.

    Kev

    livingwithanangel Guest

  3. #3

    I have a similar problem.
    I set my connection to Contribute while I still had the default index.html
    page from my hosting company. Now I have deleted that index.html and replaced
    it my home page index.htm. But whenever I try to connect to the site through
    Contribute, it shows the old index.html (even though it is deleted from the
    server). I also get e message saying I can't edit this page since it cannot be
    found on the server!
    It seems like it is holding this page in cache somewhere.
    How can I get it to open to my current index.htm?

    Any ideas would be appreciated.

    brdesign Guest

  4. #4

    I had this problem recently.

    Go to 'edit' then choose 'my connections' to bring up the connection window.

    Then select your website and click the 'edit' button.

    Then a window pops up where you type the url of the website, so here you can
    change it from:
    [url]http://www.yoursite.com/index.html[/url]
    to your new index page
    [url]http://www.yoursite.com/index.htm[/url]

    -OR-
    You can click browse and browse to the homepage

    Lastly, click next/ok through all the prompts (your settings should be saved
    and filled in already)

    (This is in Contribute 3 and worked for me.)

    Let me know if that works!

    javabean13 Guest

  5. #5

    This didnt work for me. When developing the site we used a staging URL,
    [url]http://staging.mydomain.com[/url]. After we went into the production environment this
    changed to [url]http://www.mydomain.com[/url] but the Homepage still shows up as
    [url]http://staging.mydomain.com[/url], even for users adding this as a new site in
    Contribute! What gives? Adobe needs to address this, its a pretty common
    process in web development to start in staging and move to production, and this
    is just irritating my clients.

    Administrangler Guest

  6. #6

    I figured this out on my own.

    1. Close Contribute
    2. Go into this path and Delete the Contribute folder:

    C:\Doents and Settings\YOUR USERNAME\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Macromedia\

    3. Restart Contribute.

    Administrangler Guest

  7. #7

    Oops, forget it. It worked the first time I started Contribute. The next time I
    opened it, it went back to the old address. I am assuming this is stored in an
    XML file somewhere in the configuration and isnt being updated.

    Administrangler Guest

  8. #8

    OK, HERE IS THE FIX (I Promise!)

    Search the root of your site for a file with a .csi extension. I think it is
    named dynamically, so I cant give the exact file name. It is not a CSI file
    using UserData."somestring".csi, mine started was
    cthub"stringoflettersandnumbers".csi. Searchthe file for the invalid URL string
    and replace it with the proper URL string. Save the file and close it.

    Open Contribute and connect to the site. Once you are connected, close
    Contribute and reopen. You should see that it goes to the proper homepage.

    Administrangler Guest