Professional Web Applications Themes

deleting color preferences - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

Carol, But the control+alt_shift does nothing for me. Then you weren't fast enough. Hold them down, immediately after clicking the icon for PS, and keep them held until prompted. Your monitor profile may have become hosed, so reset your preferences first, if that doesn't help, recal your monitor. Fwiw, reinstalling PS is painless - resetting Preferences is not done during a reinstall; thus I doubt that a reinstall would help anyway. If you haven't already, go to Ian Lyons' site on color management and print to screen matches. 15 minutes and you'll be on your way. <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_1.htm> Peace, Tony...

  1. #1

    Default Re: deleting color preferences

    Carol,

    But the control+alt_shift does nothing for me.

    Then you weren't fast enough. Hold them down, immediately after clicking the icon for PS, and keep them held until prompted.

    Your monitor profile may have become hosed, so reset your preferences first, if that doesn't help, recal your monitor.

    Fwiw, reinstalling PS is painless - resetting Preferences is not done during a reinstall; thus I doubt that a reinstall would help anyway.

    If you haven't already, go to Ian Lyons' site on color management and print to screen matches. 15 minutes and you'll be on your way.

    <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_1.htm>

    Peace,
    Tony
    YrbkMgr Guest

  2. #2

    I did get the control+alt+shift to work. And I did read Ian Lyons' essay on color. I was already familiar with it, but did reread. Nothing there helps. I've been doing okay for 8 months, and I can't see what's changed today. Will read the phospor link....Thanks..Carol
    Carol Roman Guest

  3. #3

    Carol,

    Nothing there helps.

    I hate to sound like a snot, but I don't believe it. You are seeing a color management issue, which is solved if you follow the advice on Ian's site.

    If you print okay from other non-color managed applications, and you printed the same image from photoshop before and it printed okay, then something changed.

    Did you re-create a monitor profile? What MODE is the image in - RGB? What color space are you using in photoshop? What profile is the image tagged with? Does the image look okay in PS, just printing? What print settings are you using?

    How are you trying to print - File|Print with Preview? Is destination set to printer color management?

    Answer those questions and more folks may be able to chime in with some help.

    Peace,
    Tony
    YrbkMgr Guest

  4. #4

    I am having a similar problem. I am currently using the TryOut version of PS7.0.1 (On WindowsXP Pro). I installed it, and then went to use this program. I found that the colors were a very Hot Pink, or Black, and some light Green. I am new with this program, and have no clue how to fix this problem.

    I have included a screenshot of the running app.

    SCREENSHOT: <http://www.sector7-halo.com/news/images/upimages//PS7.0.1.gif>

    The screenshot was made with ImageReady, which seems to be working fine, and have correct color settings. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Wolfy834 Guest

  5. #5

    Right after I posted this, I fixed the problem, thanks anyway!
    Wolfy834 Guest