Professional Web Applications Themes

Dependency problem: atk-1.0.901 - FreeBSD

Hi everyone, when attempting to install GTK2 or XFCE, I get a stop error stating that the package atk-1.0.901 does not exist. I've checked /usr/ports/accessibility/atk and have found that atk1.6.1 exists, and can be installed without problems, however apparently this is not the right version. I'm running FreeBSD 5.4 and have tried updating via cvs etc, without any luck. It seems strange to me that this dependency problem would exist, as surely a lot of people install GTK2, if not XFCE. Does anyone know of a way to get around this? I'd sort of like to have a gui for ...

  1. #1

    Default Dependency problem: atk-1.0.901

    Hi everyone, when attempting to install GTK2 or XFCE, I get a stop error
    stating that the package atk-1.0.901 does not exist. I've
    checked /usr/ports/accessibility/atk and have found that atk1.6.1
    exists, and can be installed without problems, however apparently this
    is not the right version.

    I'm running FreeBSD 5.4 and have tried updating via cvs etc, without any
    luck. It seems strange to me that this dependency problem would exist,
    as surely a lot of people install GTK2, if not XFCE. Does anyone know of
    a way to get around this? I'd sort of like to have a gui for my
    machine :)

    Bnonn
    Bnonn Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Dependency problem: atk-1.0.901

    Bnonn <net.nz> writes:

    You could just install gtk2 from the ports instead of from a package,
    and then it will use whatever atk you have installed. If you install
    from a package, then obviously you need the same version installed
    that the package was linked against.

    Do you mean you updated via cvsup? Or if you actually mean cvs, then
    where was the cvs repository, and how do you know it was up-to-date?
    Which collections do you update?

    Note that 5.4 hasn't been released yet, so if you are trying to match
    the packages against the system, you need to make sure that the
    packages area still matches your system's release level (uname -r), as
    it has gone from 5.4-PRERELEASE to 5.4-BETA1, so the 5.4-PRERELEASE
    directory path no longer exists on the FTP servers.

    http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/
    Lowell Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Lowell, thanks for your comments...I'm not trying to install via a
    package. I'm going into /usr/ports/x11-wm/xfce4 (or gtk20) and typing
    "make install clean". Afaik this is how to install a port, unless I'm
    missing something really obvious. This is when the error occurs. I
    haven't tried installing using packages (pkg_add?).
    When the make install runs, it recognizes atk 1.6.1 and has no problem
    with it, but then bails out later saying it can't find 1.0.91.
    Yes, I ran cvsup on all ports, and the system, from cvsup.freebsd.org
    (I think that's the correct address). Had no problems doing this.
    I'll check uname -r when I get home and see if there appears to be a
    problem there.
    Regards
    Bnonn
    Lowell Gilbert wrote:

    Bnonn [1]<net.nz> writes:

[...]

    References

    1. mailto:net.nz
    Bnonn Guest

  4. #4

    Bnonn <net.nz> writes:

    Okay, that's completely correct.

    I think we'll need to see the exact error messages.

    Okay, so you should be up to date.

    Unfortunately, that should be fine. You had me confused by talking
    about packages.
    Lowell Guest

  5. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator