Software Settings --> Software installation. Right-click, select New Package. Navigate to the UNC location where the MSI is stored. Use Assigned. 4. Testing You will need to wait until replication has taken place and test on the computers that are a part of the OU you assigned it to. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 0 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Unregistered [ip] => 180.151.9.170 [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 7 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> deploying Flash player with Active Directory GroupPolicy - Macromedia Flash Player
Professional Web Applications Themes

deploying Flash player with Active Directory GroupPolicy - Macromedia Flash Player

I manage hundreds of computers at several different locations and have the nightmare of updating Flash Player everytime a new version comes out. The file I download from Adobe's site is an .exe and does not contain a .msi file for Active directpry deployment. How can I use group policy in Active Directory to deploy this software to all my computers without me having to individually touch each machine?...

Default deploying Flash player with Active Directory GroupPolicy

I manage hundreds of computers at several different locations and have the
    nightmare of updating Flash Player everytime a new version comes out. The file
    I download from Adobe's site is an .exe and does not contain a .msi file for
    Active directpry deployment. How can I use group policy in Active Directory to
    deploy this software to all my computers without me having to individually
    touch each machine?

ocpltech Guest

Default Re: deploying Flash player with Active Directory GroupPolicy

[q]Originally posted by: ocpltech
    I manage hundreds of computers at several different locations and have the
    nightmare of updating Flash Player everytime a new version comes out. The file
    I download from Adobe's site is an .exe and does not contain a .msi file for
    Active directpry deployment. How can I use group policy in Active Directory to
    deploy this software to all my computers without me having to individually
    touch each machine?[/q]

so did any one ever send you an email or pm on the solution? I was searching
    the web for this exact topic and so far only found your question.

12 days later - you'd think someone here would have typed up a solution........

H:frown;

habramowski Guest

nothing yet.
    ocpltech Guest

Is this what you are looking for?

[url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=b0dba60b#deploy[/url]

We do have an MSI installer for IT Administrators.
    Hero Protagonist Guest

Officially these forums are user-to-user, and not an official channel for
    support. So we do not always monitor them. Support is available through
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer[/url].

That said, the correct answer to this question is to complete the Flash Player
    distribution license. This gives you access to the MSI's and the legal right to
    distribute them:
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/licensing/[/url]

After that you would go to the IT Admin guide that Ken pointed out.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
    Flash/Flash Player Support Lead, Adobe

Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

Exclamation Deploying Flash player with Active Directory GroupPolicy

Who gives a **** if the forums are not official? Stick to adobe forums.
    Joshua Walton Guest

This how to describes the steps needed to deploy the active x component for Adobe Flash Player via Group Policy.

Get the Software
    Go the the Adobe website (link provided below), and sign up for "Distribute Flash Player".

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
    After answering a short questionaire, an email will be sent to validate your email address. After validation, a link will be sent where you can down load the msi file for either the active x or a plug-in version.

Copy the MSI to a UNC share
    Copy the file to a UNC share (\\servername\sharename). Make sure that the share is accessible by the members of the OU you are going to assign it to.

If you deploy by computers, make sure that everyone or authenticated users have read permissions to the share.

Create Group Policy
    Create a Group Policy Object to the OU you are deploying it to. I use the computer configuration.

Computer Configuration --> Software Settings --> Software installation.

Right-click, select New Package.

Navigate to the UNC location where the MSI is stored.

Use Assigned.

Testing
    You will need to wait until tion has taken place and test on the computers that are a part of the OU you assigned it to.
    Unregistered Guest