We have a globally dispersed environment, with several thousand users. With
the potential for firm-wide web apps that use flash, we would like to
"lock-down" the flash player to not automatically check for newer versions of
the player and then prompt end-users to upgrade. Ideally, we'd be able to
periodically release updates after first certifying them against our systems.
I'm aware of the web interface to update single player settings. I've also
been able to determine the local settings.pol file that that web interface
updates. However, that is a proprietary file type that cannot be easily edited
(it's not like an .ini file that can be copied to every workstation).

Is there some way to lock down the configuration via a reg key or policy file
or some other means that can be distributed throughout an environment to ensure
a standardized configuration?

Thank you for any help you can give.