Professional Web Applications Themes

Design HTML emails - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

I've observed a number of emails sending for advertising purposes and wondered how to create them. Do I just use regular HTML file in dream weaver or there's other way to do? My dream weaver is just an entry level. Please explain the process of creating HTML emails using dream weaver. Thanks much....

  1. #1

    Default Design HTML emails

    I've observed a number of emails sending for advertising purposes and wondered
    how to create them. Do I just use regular HTML file in dream weaver or there's
    other way to do?
    My dream weaver is just an entry level. Please explain the process of creating
    HTML emails using dream weaver.
    Thanks much.

    mediti Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Design HTML emails

    I was wondering how to do the same thing. Did you get a response for your request about creating an html page to email yet?
    I am a new user like yourself.
    Thanks you.
    DHoenecke Guest

  3. #3

    I spent a good amount of time researching this topic. What I found is pretty
    simple, as long as you watch out for tags that generally can not be read by
    email clients (find these online, or experiment). The trick is setting the
    email client settings - this is for Outlook, but it's pretty much the same for
    other clients.

    1. From the main toolbar of Outlook, choose Options > Mail Format > Change the
    Message Format to HTML.
    2. Also, select the option to Send pictures from the Internet with messages.
    3. Open a new message.
    4. Click the New button to open a new message.
    5. Choose Insert > File.
    6. Browse to find the Dreamweaver HTML file on your hard drive or disk. Click
    the HTML file once to select it.
    7. Before clicking Insert, click the drop-down arrow next to the Insert
    button.
    8. From the submenu, select Insert as Text.
    9. Send.

    For further notes see,
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15200[/url].

    Good Luck!

    McNeff7 Guest

  4. #4

    Hey guys,
    Funny you should post those questions, becuase I just got done creating my
    first complex HTML email. I integrated PHP, JS, and CSS into my HTML doent.
    You can view it and download any, or all, the files at
    [url]http://www.hookweb.net/testing/devotional.htm[/url] <
    And, about Outlook, you can totally do it that way, but, personally, I think
    that's way more complex. If you have a server that you can store your files on,
    or know how to configure your computer to become a server, than simply store
    your files on your server, and, just like designing a normal website, make sure
    all your objects are linked to the files on the server (IE
    [url]http://www.yoururl.com/yourfolder/yourfiles.whatever[/url]) and then simply choose
    "insert" -> "text from file" and select your HTML doent and viola. You got
    it made, and you can still use CSS and keep email sizes WAY WAY WAY down,
    rather than e-mail the doent with all the pictures and CSS files yada yada
    yada.
    Hope that helps. If you have any questions guys feel free to e-mail me at
    [email]SpencerHillHookWeb.net[/email]

    -spence
    learn:experience:Jesus

    withhisstripes Guest

  5. #5

    I have figured out how to make an html email. But I don't know how to make it narrower so it will fit on smaller screen.

    I'm sure I am just overlooking something?
    LinneFaulk Guest

  6. #6

    Yeah, you just have to change the widths of your table. You can make your table
    a percentage, and it will grow and shrink but if you have anything that is a px
    or something other than %, it will only shrink to that size. Hope that helps!

    withhisstripes Guest