Professional Web Applications Themes

desktop Sharing component - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

Does anyone know of a component that will allow me to share a desktop in a meeting? Breeze oofers a similar function but very expensive....

  1. #1

    Default desktop Sharing component

    rblake@efiant.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: desktop Sharing component

    [email]rblakeefiant.com[/email] wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a component that will allow me to share a desktop in a meeting? Breeze oofers a similar function but very expensive.
    Flash doesn't offere this at this time, and Macromedia has annouced that
    it will not support this feature in flashcom 2.0 for flash. Pretty
    lame, I know. It is only allowed in the breeze player.

    But you can at least broadcast what is on your desktop. If you get
    Camtasia, you can screen capture you screen and send it to flash as a
    live video feed, then send that feed to other computers through
    flashcom. That's the best you are going to get.

    --BackBayChef
    [url]www.how2dance.com[/url]
    [url]www.chameleon.how2dance.com[/url]
    BackBayChef Guest

  3. #3

    BackBayChef -

    Sounds interesting. Any suggestions on how to build that for a Flash newbie?
    Or sites that can get me started? I do not want to learn all of Flash ...
    just enough to build a working version of your suggestion.

    -brian

    "BackBayChef" <how2dance_comfakeaddressesss.com> wrote in message
    > [email]rblakeefiant.com[/email] wrote:
    > > Does anyone know of a component that will allow me to share a desktop in
    a meeting? Breeze oofers a similar function but very expensive.
    > Flash doesn't offere this at this time, and Macromedia has annouced that
    > it will not support this feature in flashcom 2.0 for flash. Pretty
    > lame, I know. It is only allowed in the breeze player.
    >
    > But you can at least broadcast what is on your desktop. If you get
    > Camtasia, you can screen capture you screen and send it to flash as a
    > live video feed, then send that feed to other computers through
    > flashcom. That's the best you are going to get.
    >
    > --BackBayChef
    > [url]www.how2dance.com[/url]
    > [url]www.chameleon.how2dance.com[/url]

    Brian Hogue Guest

  4. #4

    Hi BackBayChef,

    if you have a Flashcom Server (Developer is sufficient for testing ) go to
    [url]www.camtasia.com[/url] and download the Camtasia Trial. Within this package there is
    a screen capture driver that acts like a webcam for the system.
    Best way to have a short test is to use the "sample_chat" application that
    comes with fcs. Just configure camtasia to do a "live screen capture and start
    that capture, that call the sample chatroom app in your webbrowser. In the
    chat, select the AV_Presence with a right clic and select camtasia scree
    capture as Camera Input device. Than everybody who connects to your chat sees
    what is going on in the captured area ( window, area or full screen ). This is
    only a short description, a better and more in deep one can be found here
    [url]http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/tutorials/1507.asp[/url]

    Hope this helps a bit.....

    Greets MIBtwo..

    MIBtwo Guest

  5. #5

    MIBtwo wrote:
    > Hi BackBayChef,
    >
    > if you have a Flashcom Server (Developer is sufficient for testing ) go to
    > [url]www.camtasia.com[/url] and download the Camtasia Trial. Within this package there is
    > a screen capture driver that acts like a webcam for the system.
    > Best way to have a short test is to use the "sample_chat" application that
    > comes with fcs. Just configure camtasia to do a "live screen capture and start
    > that capture, that call the sample chatroom app in your webbrowser. In the
    > chat, select the AV_Presence with a right clic and select camtasia scree
    > capture as Camera Input device. Than everybody who connects to your chat sees
    > what is going on in the captured area ( window, area or full screen ). This is
    > only a short description, a better and more in deep one can be found here
    > [url]http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/tutorials/1507.asp[/url]
    >
    > Hope this helps a bit.....
    >
    > Greets MIBtwo..

    heh, I'm BackBayChef. I think you meant Brian Hogue. But yeah that's
    how I did it.

    --BackBackChef

  6. #6

    Hi BackBayChef,

    sorry for getting irritated about original the posters name.

    Rehards MIBtwo ;)
    MIBtwo Guest

  7. #7

    MIBtwo -

    Thanks for the directions. I have a question.

    I cannot find the "sample_chat" application. Perhaps it has another name? In
    my samples folder, I see
    sample_broadcast
    sample_guestbook
    sample_lobby
    sample_noteroom
    sample_panel_presentation
    sample_room
    sample_snapshot
    sample_survey
    sample_videoconference
    and some tutorial_* folders
    Is this application in one of the above folders? If yes, which one?

    -brian

    "MIBtwo" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi BackBayChef,
    >
    > if you have a Flashcom Server (Developer is sufficient for testing ) go
    > [url]www.camtasia.com[/url] and download the Camtasia Trial. Within this package
    there is
    > a screen capture driver that acts like a webcam for the system.
    > Best way to have a short test is to use the "sample_chat" application
    that
    > comes with fcs. Just configure camtasia to do a "live screen capture and
    start
    > that capture, that call the sample chatroom app in your webbrowser. In the
    > chat, select the AV_Presence with a right clic and select camtasia scree
    > capture as Camera Input device. Than everybody who connects to your chat
    sees
    > what is going on in the captured area ( window, area or full screen ).
    This is
    > only a short description, a better and more in deep one can be found here
    > [url]http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/tutorials/1507.asp[/url]
    >
    > Hope this helps a bit.....
    >
    > Greets MIBtwo..

    Brian Hogue Guest