Professional Web Applications Themes

dialup connections - Windows Networking

When using Windows XP Home I am getting the options for creating a dialup connection manually greyed out except the third option 'use a broadband connection that is always on'. The option I want, 'connect using a dialup modem' is greyed out. The account access has administrator rights. The modem is installed and reports that it is functioning correctly when viewed in device manager. Any help, or suggestions is appriciated. Jim...

  1. #1

    Default dialup connections

    When using Windows XP Home I am getting the options for
    creating a dialup connection manually greyed out except
    the third option 'use a broadband connection that is
    always on'. The option I want, 'connect using a dialup
    modem' is greyed out. The account access has
    administrator rights. The modem is installed and reports
    that it is functioning correctly when viewed in device
    manager.

    Any help, or suggestions is appriciated.

    Jim
    Jim Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: dialup connections

    Dial-up Modem or PPPoE Option in New Connection Wizard Is Unavailable
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320558[/url]

    _______________________________
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    INDIA

    "Jim" <hanna.jipg.com> wrote in message
    When using Windows XP Home I am getting the options for
    creating a dialup connection manually greyed out except
    the third option 'use a broadband connection that is
    always on'. The option I want, 'connect using a dialup
    modem' is greyed out. The account access has
    administrator rights. The modem is installed and reports
    that it is functioning correctly when viewed in device
    manager.

    Any help, or suggestions is appriciated.

    Jim

    Ramesh Guest

  3. #3

    Ramesh, Thanks for the info. I'll try the registry
    suggestions. While not exactly the situation (in this
    case the XP was an original install from the hardware
    vendor -- but, the person who owns this computer did
    install Office XP afterwards)

    Jim

    Jim Guest

  4. #4

    thank you very much, i am going to try tonight by
    following the article. i will let you know if it works.

    shao Guest

  5. #5

    Don't waste your time, it does not work, consider
    upgrading to a reliable OS like Linux..

    Gunslinger Guest

  6. #6

    Hello Jim,
    The solution (I just solved the exact problem) lies in Microsofts
    "Q329441" fix. ([url]http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com[/url])
    Dave Warwick
    7-1-2003
    Jim wrote:
    > When using Windows XP Home I am getting the options for
    > creating a dialup connection manually greyed out except
    > the third option 'use a broadband connection that is
    > always on'. The option I want, 'connect using a dialup
    > modem' is greyed out. The account access has
    > administrator rights. The modem is installed and reports
    > that it is functioning correctly when viewed in device
    > manager.
    >
    > Any help, or suggestions is appriciated.
    >
    > Jim
    Dave Warwick Guest

  7. #7

    To all, thanks for the suggestions. As Dave points out
    below Q329441 did in fact solve this particular problem.

    Mk

    Jim Guest