Professional Web Applications Themes

Did anyone watch Futurama (S05E15) tonight? - Mac Portable

In <viri9fr92gpa18corp.supernews.com> [email]ANTantzimage.com[/email] wrote: > It was titled, "Bender Should Not Be Allowed On TV". It showed an > Apple PowerBook and Apple's QuickTime player. I guess Apple still > exists in the future (year 2999?). ;) I didn't see the PowerBook, but I certainly saw the QuickTime Player. The TV Executive were brought in by robots on a laptop, but I didn't notice if it appeared to be a PowerBook, but the QuickTime Player was very evident. Very cool....

  1. #1

    Default Re: Did anyone watch Futurama (S05E15) tonight?

    In <viri9fr92gpa18corp.supernews.com> [email]ANTantzimage.com[/email] wrote:
    > It was titled, "Bender Should Not Be Allowed On TV". It showed an
    > Apple PowerBook and Apple's QuickTime player. I guess Apple still
    > exists in the future (year 2999?). ;)
    I didn't see the PowerBook, but I certainly saw the QuickTime Player.
    The TV Executive were brought in by robots on a laptop, but I didn't
    notice if it appeared to be a PowerBook, but the QuickTime Player was
    very evident.

    Very cool.
    Chey Guest

  2. #2

    In comp.sys.mac.portables Chey <chesysaynowayprodigy.net> wrote:
    > In <viri9fr92gpa18corp.supernews.com> [email]ANTantzimage.com[/email] wrote:
    > > It was titled, "Bender Should Not Be Allowed On TV". It showed an
    > > Apple PowerBook and Apple's QuickTime player. I guess Apple still
    > > exists in the future (year 2999?). ;)
    > I didn't see the PowerBook, but I certainly saw the QuickTime Player.
    > The TV Executive were brought in by robots on a laptop, but I didn't
    > notice if it appeared to be a PowerBook, but the QuickTime Player was
    > very evident.
    > Very cool.
    It was in the later scenes before it pulled out a gun. Hopefully
    [url]http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/FrameGrabs/4ACV06/[/url] will show the
    screen captures (not up yet) of the PowerBook.

    Even someone noticed it on reply #33:
    [url]http://www.gotfuturama.com/cgi-bin/EpisodeReview.cgi?action=show&Page=4&Season=4&Epis ode=06[/url]

    I also noticed the CD-ROM was in the front center (near the finger
    tablet) instead of the front's right side.
    --
    "News Headline: Ants Take A Long Time To Cook In Microwave" --unknown
    /\___/\
    | |o o| | E-mail: [email]philpiearthlink.netA[/email]NT or [email]philpiapu.eduA[/email]NT
    \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    ( )
    ANTant@zimage.com Guest

  3. #3

    In comp.sys.mac.portables [email]ANTantzimage.com[/email] wrote:
    : It was titled, "Bender Should Not Be Allowed On TV". It showed an Apple
    : PowerBook and Apple's QuickTime player. I guess Apple still exists in
    : the future (year 2999?). ;)

    Do any of Apple's product placements not involve dollars? That would be
    truly impressive.

    I see Macs nearly everywhere, in the most unlikely locations. On the set
    of "Final Destination 2"? "Death" took pity and left no blood splatters
    on the computers thankfully.

    If it's paid advertisement, what makes it any different from a Budweiser
    commercial or Jeff Probst popping a mountain dew? Seems just as cheesy.
    But, if it's a cult in-your-face placement, well, that has some value.

    Caden Guest

  4. #4

    In comp.sys.mac.portables Caden <cadenrohan.sdsu.edu> wrote:
    > In comp.sys.mac.portables [email]ANTantzimage.com[/email] wrote:
    > : It was titled, "Bender Should Not Be Allowed On TV". It showed an Apple
    > : PowerBook and Apple's QuickTime player. I guess Apple still exists in
    > : the future (year 2999?). ;)
    > Do any of Apple's product placements not involve dollars? That would be
    > truly impressive.
    > I see Macs nearly everywhere, in the most unlikely locations. On the set
    > of "Final Destination 2"? "Death" took pity and left no blood splatters
    > on the computers thankfully.
    > If it's paid advertisement, what makes it any different from a Budweiser
    > commercial or Jeff Probst popping a mountain dew? Seems just as cheesy.
    > But, if it's a cult in-your-face placement, well, that has some value.
    24 has a lot of scenes of Apple products.
    ANTant@zimage.com Guest

  5. #5

    In comp.sys.mac.portables [email]ANTantzimage.com[/email] wrote:
    > In comp.sys.mac.portables Chey <chesysaynowayprodigy.net> wrote:
    > > In <viri9fr92gpa18corp.supernews.com> [email]ANTantzimage.com[/email] wrote:
    > > > It was titled, "Bender Should Not Be Allowed On TV". It showed an
    > > > Apple PowerBook and Apple's QuickTime player. I guess Apple still
    > > > exists in the future (year 2999?). ;)
    > > I didn't see the PowerBook, but I certainly saw the QuickTime Player.
    > > The TV Executive were brought in by robots on a laptop, but I didn't
    > > notice if it appeared to be a PowerBook, but the QuickTime Player was
    > > very evident.
    > > Very cool.
    > It was in the later scenes before it pulled out a gun. Hopefully
    > [url]http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/FrameGrabs/4ACV06/[/url] will show the
    > screen captures (not up yet) of the PowerBook.
    > Even someone noticed it on reply #33:
    > [url]http://www.gotfuturama.com/cgi-bin/EpisodeReview.cgi?action=show&Page=4&Season=4&Epis ode=06[/url]
    > I also noticed the CD-ROM was in the front center (near the finger
    > tablet) instead of the front's right side.
    [url]http://www.gotfuturama.com/cgi-bin/imageview.cgi?/Multimedia/FrameGrabs/4ACV06/Grabs/pic00137.jpg[/url]
    [url]http://www.gotfuturama.com/cgi-bin/imageview.cgi?/Multimedia/FrameGrabs/4ACV06/Grabs/pic00128.jpg[/url]
    [url]http://www.gotfuturama.com/cgi-bin/imageview.cgi?/Multimedia/FrameGrabs/4ACV06/Grabs/pic00233.jpg[/url]

    :)

  6. #6

    In article <bgm2tl$p9n$1gondor.sdsu.edu>,
    Caden <cadenrohan.sdsu.edu> wrote:
    > In comp.sys.mac.portables [email]ANTantzimage.com[/email] wrote:
    > : It was titled, "Bender Should Not Be Allowed On TV". It showed an Apple
    > : PowerBook and Apple's QuickTime player. I guess Apple still exists in
    > : the future (year 2999?). ;)
    >
    > Do any of Apple's product placements not involve dollars? That would be
    > truly impressive.
    Apple has said in the past that it does not pay for product placement.
    And until recently, paid product placement on television shows was
    barred by FCC regulation.
    --
    D.F. Manno
    [email]dommannonetscape.net[/email]

  7. #7

    In article <bgm2tl$p9n$1gondor.sdsu.edu>, Caden <cadenrohan.sdsu.edu>
    wrote:
    > Do any of Apple's product placements not involve dollars? That would be
    > truly impressive.
    Apple say they don't pay for placement, I believe them. They'll loan
    machines and offer technical help. They have someone who's fulltime job
    is setting this up.

    --
    Barry
    [email]Barrynetbox.com[/email] <http://www.netbox.com/barry>

  8. #8

    Barry Twycross <barrynetbox.com> writes:
    > In article <bgm2tl$p9n$1gondor.sdsu.edu>, Caden <cadenrohan.sdsu.edu>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Do any of Apple's product placements not involve dollars? That would be
    > > truly impressive.
    >
    > Apple say they don't pay for placement, I believe them. They'll loan
    > machines and offer technical help. They have someone who's fulltime job
    > is setting this up.
    An interesting apparent side effect of Apple's unwillingness
    to pay up is sticky-notes. In particular, since the powerbook
    is just such a cool looking machine, lots of folks on TV want
    to use them on their shows. But since Apple won't pay up,
    the tv folks don't want to give away too much free advertising
    for Apple, so you'll see powerbooks, but with sticky notes pasted
    over the Apple insignia on them.

    No HTML in E-Mail! -- [url]http://www.expita.com/nomime.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting[/url]
    BreadWithSpam@fractious.net Guest