Professional Web Applications Themes

Differences in InDesign versions: INDESIGN CS 3.0 vs INDESIGNCS WIN 3.0 - Adobe Indesign Windows

I hope this question is appropriate for a U2U forum; searching the Adobe site suggests no other way to ask online. I plan to order InDesign 3.0 on an academic license. Does anyone know the difference, assuming there is one (since prices are different in my list) between INDESIGN CS 3.0 and INDESIGNCS WIN 3.0? Thanks, forum participants, for your patience with a newbie. Erik...

  1. #1

    Default Differences in InDesign versions: INDESIGN CS 3.0 vs INDESIGNCS WIN 3.0

    Erik_Schwab@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Erik

    On another list, where someone is using an educational version of
    InDesign, they are saying that the filter list for placing graphics is
    incomplete. We are still trying to sort it out and I have just thought
    that she ought to try the reset preferences solution.

    In essence, she is saying that the only filter she has available is
    JPEG, but I think that must be incorrect...

    Brian
    Brian_Smithson@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    There's definitely something wrong there. There is no difference between
    the academic and commercial versions.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  4. #4

    I noticed that the educational version that our school bought does not say 'educational license' on the splash screens like previous Design Collections did. The program functions just like the retail version.
    Jim_Oblak@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hmm, she doesn't really want to know about fixing it. She has to use
    InDesign just this once for a job that was started by another, but she
    has stated (quite categorically!) that she is going screaming back to
    Ventura for future work.

  6. #6

    Brian,

    I think you're in the wrong thread?

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  7. #7

    Bob

    No, it is the right thread. :-)

    I did say earlier (in an answer to the OP, Erik) that this person had a
    problem with the educational version she had. I was reading about it on
    the Ventura newsgroup and thought it might have a bearing here.

    I suggested the trash preferences solution and she responded that as she
    had had to install InDesign some two or three times to get this far, she
    did not want to 'upset it' any further :-)

    I get the impression that her PC is not as it should be ;-)

  8. #8

    Nevermind <g>

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  9. #9

    How come everyone else's post gets big bold subject lines except mine? I feel slighted.
    Jim_Oblak@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Mine is an education version, and it seems to be full ...
    Jacob_Stevens@adobeforums.com Guest