Professional Web Applications Themes

different bonesplayer animations on different models ofthe same bones rig - Macromedia Director 3D

Hi, Im just wondering if theres any tricks to enable different motions to be applied to different models, and have them blend together. ie. have the 'scratch nose' animation be applied to the upper torso and head models, whilst applying the 'walking' animation to the 'legs' models, and for it to also work whilst the 'sitting' animation is applied to the legs models? Unfortunately, my models are all attached to a full body biped bones rig, and so the bonesplayer animations are also for this entire bones rig. So, I'm just assuming that applying a different bones animation to the ...

  1. #1

    Default different bonesplayer animations on different models ofthe same bones rig

    Hi,

    Im just wondering if theres any tricks to enable different motions to be
    applied to different models, and have them blend together. ie. have the
    'scratch nose' animation be applied to the upper torso and head models, whilst
    applying the 'walking' animation to the 'legs' models, and for it to also work
    whilst the 'sitting' animation is applied to the legs models?

    Unfortunately, my models are all attached to a full body biped bones rig, and
    so the bonesplayer animations are also for this entire bones rig. So, I'm just
    assuming that applying a different bones animation to the upper torso models
    from the lower torso models, will simply result in the upper body and lower
    body being separated in the middle, as the two halves try to do different
    things.

    But I was wondering if theres any neat workarounds. Or do I have to get my
    animator, to make a 'walking whilst scratching nose' animation, and a 'sitting
    whilst scratching nose' animation? Or have a lot more forward-thinking than we
    had, and ensure the middrift is always at a neutral position, so the upper and
    lower body could be doing different things. (Even though this would probably
    have looked really bad, it would possibly be a solution).

    Thanks in advance,
    Glen

    GlennoUK Guest

  2. #2

    you can export animation only, export as you normally would but uncheck
    everything except animation. you can also control the animation based on the
    time in director. if your animation has a time of 6600, you can tell it to
    start playing at any time within the 6600. applying different motions to a
    character is something that needs to be updated in director, while you can do
    it in director. its an easier process in other programs but you should be able
    to use 3dpi to put added motions on your characters

    tyree_2 Guest

  3. #3

    [q]Originally posted by: GlennoUK
    Im just wondering if theres any tricks to enable different motions to be
    applied to different models, and have them blend together. ie. have the
    'scratch nose' animation be applied to the upper torso and head models, whilst
    applying the 'walking' animation to the 'legs' models, and for it to also work
    whilst the 'sitting' animation is applied to the legs models?

    Unfortunately, my models are all attached to a full body biped bones rig, and
    so the bonesplayer animations are also for this entire bones rig. So, I'm just
    assuming that applying a different bones animation to the upper torso models
    from the lower torso models, will simply result in the upper body and lower
    body being separated in the middle, as the two halves try to do different
    things.[/q]

    Hi Glen,
    You cannot apply multiple animations on the same model at the same time.
    The workaround is to divide your character (inside of the 3D modeler) into
    several parts (different models) and to create an animation sequence for each
    part.
    Later, using LINGO inside of Director, you can group them again and you can
    set up & launch the desired animation for each part (group.child).
    In this way you can mix without any problem, bonesPlayer animations with
    keyframePlayer animations for the same character (group of models).

    cheers

    necromanthus Guest