Professional Web Applications Themes

Difficulty Exporting Entire Slice - Macromedia Fireworks

Problem: When a slice is placed on top of an object and exported, only about 75% of the object is exported. Software & Version: Version 4.0 or 4.1 Steps to create and export the object: (1) Open firework>file>new>select canvas size & color (transparent or white) (2) draw a simple triangle object (3) insert slice (4)export (5) select only areas with slice. After this basic steps, the entire slice is not exported....

  1. #1

    Default Difficulty Exporting Entire Slice

    chekeleke webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Difficulty Exporting Entire Slice

    Can you post the PNG file on your Website so we can see it?

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber
    ----------------
    Victoriana | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/dpacks/vic/index.htm[/url]
    Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]www.projectseven.com[/url] |mm2| themes
    Contributor *PVII Foundations* [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]
    Co-author *Playing with Fire* [url]www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    -----------------

    Linda Rathgeber Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Linda,

    I don't have a website of my own yet. Is there any other way I can show you the png file?

    THanks
    chekeleke

    chekeleke webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    hi -

    when you go file | export - just double check your export check boxes.

    as from what you are saying it sounds like only the selected slice is being
    exported.

    if this is the case - de select the 'export selected slices' check box

    I hope this helps

    --
    keen to learn hotmail.com

    "chekeleke" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Linda,
    >
    > I don't have a website of my own yet. Is there any other way I can show
    you the png file?

    > THanks
    > chekeleke

    keen to learn Guest

  5. #5

    Hey Keen to learn,

    I appreciate your help, but I think you misunderstood the problem. When I use the slice to select an image, I expect the entire covered area with slice to be exported. The thing is that it exports about 75% of the selected slice. Take a simple rectangle covered with slice as an example. It will export from the left side towards the right side to about 75% to 85% of the entire image. Not sure of the percentage, but I guess you get the idea.

    Chekeleke

    chekeleke webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    Hi

    Sorry about that - now I understand - however I have no idea as to why its
    happening - sorry

    --

    > Hey Keen to learn,
    >
    > I appreciate your help, but I think you misunderstood the problem. When I
    use the slice to select an image, I expect the entire covered area with
    slice to be exported. The thing is that it exports about 75% of the selected
    slice. Take a simple rectangle covered with slice as an example. It will
    export from the left side towards the right side to about 75% to 85% of the
    entire image. Not sure of the percentage, but I guess you get the idea.

    > Chekeleke

    keen to learn Guest

  7. #7

    It certainly doesn't happen to me. I suspect that we are missing some
    information, however.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "keen to learn" <keentolearn_deletethis_hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Sorry about that - now I understand - however I have no idea as to why its
    > happening - sorry
    >
    > --
    > keen to learn hotmail.com
    >

    > "chekeleke" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > Hey Keen to learn,
    > >
    > > I appreciate your help, but I think you misunderstood the problem. When
    > use the slice to select an image, I expect the entire covered area with
    > slice to be exported. The thing is that it exports about 75% of the
    selected
    > slice. Take a simple rectangle covered with slice as an example. It will
    > export from the left side towards the right side to about 75% to 85% of
    the
    > entire image. Not sure of the percentage, but I guess you get the idea.
    > >
    > > Chekeleke

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  8. #8

    "chekeleke" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Hey Keen to learn,
    >
    > I appreciate your help, but I think you misunderstood the problem.
    > When I use the slice to select an image, I expect the entire covered
    > area with slice to be exported. The thing is that it exports about
    > 75% of the selected slice. Take a simple rectangle covered with slice
    > as an example. It will export from the left side towards the right
    > side to about 75% to 85% of the entire image. Not sure of the
    > percentage, but I guess you get the idea.
    Ah ha! Open the image in the Export Preview window (File > Export
    Preview) and click on the File tab. Uncheck the Export Area box. This
    kind of error can happen when the Export function is remembering the
    size of the previously exported slice.

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber

  9. #9

    Thanks Linda, I will try that and will be back to tell you how it worked out.

    chekeleke webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest