Professional Web Applications Themes

Digital camera - Mac Applications & Software

Phil Stripling <zzn.com> wrote:   When I'm traveling, my laptop is no further than my car or hotel room. Plug into the cell phone, and I can have the picture in their email before they ever check it. The file from the camera wouldn't fit on a floppy anyway. Technology marches on... -- Jeremy | com...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Digital camera

    --
    Jeremy | com
    Jeremy Guest

  2. #2

    Crucifyself03 <comnojunk> wrote:

    Finding the best digital camera for your needs is much
    like finding the most comfortable pair of shoes. Only you
    know what works best for you.

    What are your needs? I think the CD burning cameras the Sony
    offers aren't worth the money. What's most important, to me at
    least, is the quality of the image and the lens. Sony makes so
    excellent digital cameras, but they are not the ones that burn
    CD-ROM discs. There are also numerous other brands worth
    considering, esp. Olympus. This all depends on your price
    range, your particular needs for this camrera, and how comfortable
    you feel with the controls and the feel of the camera in your
    hands. For a good source of information on this subject, check
    out the web site at http://www.dpreview.com

    stan@temple.edu Guest

  3. #3

    >Louise and I travel a lot and run into other vacationers. If we strike up

    The days when you can continue to do that are numbered. Soon, handing someone a
    floppy will be about as useful as handing someone a punch card. Even PCs are
    moving away from floppies.

    --
    Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com
    http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

    Tacit Guest

  4. #4

    comnojunk (Crucifyself03) wrote in message news:<aol.com>...

    > But for some uses they are very useful. They can fit 4-6 good pictures, which
    > print okay for standard use. But if you sell on Ebay, update websites, and
    > need a quick no brainer way to give people pictures, nothing beats the floppy
    > camera. The problem with other cameras, is that when I am on the road, I
    > cannot easily hand a co-worker a disk with images.[/ref]

    It seems like your mind's made up, but I thought I'd at least give you
    a heads up on relative value.

    Sony Mavica CD350 (3.2 megapixel, writes CDs) $430 at newegg.com

    Sony Mavica MVC-FD200 (2 megapixel, writes disks) $360 at amazon.com

    Sony Mavica MVC-FD100 (1.2 megapixel, writes disks) $270 at newegg.com

    Of course you could buy used and such to save more, but I guess the
    point is that it's really not that huge a savings. I would recommend
    you opt for at least the 2 megapixel, because 1 megapixel images will
    look pretty bad on larger/higher res screens.

    I understand what it's like to be strapped for cash though. Happy
    shopping!
    Jason Guest

  5. #5

    I've used the floppy based cameras. Not bad.. If i were using Ebay a
    lot, or hosting web sites I'd use a floppy camera over a regular
    digital anyday. The mavica takes very good pictures for such a low
    res shot. When you post images to Ebay or to the web, you want them
    as sharp as possible, and as small as possible. You do not want to
    waste hours toying in Photoshop.

    The Mavica has a very good lens and focusing system, much better than
    many non floppy cameras I have used.

    I can see your point Phil. When on the road, who has time to email?
    Man just hand them a cheap floppy, its just so simple. I bet many mac
    users have external floppy drives, and nearly all PC users I know that
    have laptops without floppy drives always have externals. You cant
    get away from the floppies. I admit they are crappy at times if you
    do not know how to take care of them, but they work.
    My PC laptop almost never has a disk error. I cant say the same of my
    mac.

    John

    Phil Stripling <zzn.com> wrote in message news:<tdl.com>...

    > Hi, Glenn,
    >
    > Louise and I travel a lot and run into other vacationers. If we strike up a
    > conversation or they do us a favor, we can take their photo, show them the
    > result on the LCD, ask if they like it, take another photo or two, then
    > give them the floppy. Of course they don't have a computer on them, but
    > it's a gift in the hand right then, not a promise to email it when we get
    > home a couple of weeks later. And of course getting their email address,
    > writing it down, remembering to send it, remembering where we put their
    > email address, and so on, are all eliminated.
    >
    > I've lost track of how many people (not just the recipients, but people who
    > see what's going on) tell us "what a nice idea!"
    >
    > Of course, people who have locked themselves into a position of not wanting
    > a floppy-based camera will never see the advantages, but that's okay,
    > hon. You've made your decision, and I can live with that.[/ref]
    nospam Guest

  6. #6

    << But for some uses they are very useful. They can fit 4-6 good pictures,
    which
    print okay for standard use. But if you sell on Ebay, update websites, and
    need a quick no brainer way to give people pictures, nothing beats the floppy
    camera. >><BR><BR>

    Except you know, email.

    GrapeApe Guest