Professional Web Applications Themes

Digital or Film - Photography

Now with the latest in technology would you say it is better to get a serious digital or serious SLR to take great pictures for prints. I know a few years back SLR had the edge but is Digital going to win the market? Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default Digital or Film

    Now with the latest in technology would you say it is better to get a
    serious digital or serious SLR to take great pictures for prints. I know a
    few years back SLR had the edge but is Digital going to win the market?

    Thanks

    Steve Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Digital or Film

    I love my digital, but I think it really will depend on your intentions. I
    have an Olympus 3040Z 3.4 mega pixel. Check the pictures on my website, for
    a 3.4 they are real sharp and I can make good 8 by 10 prints if taken in the
    highest res. My son is a graphic designer and used about 6 of my pictures in
    a recent publication for an real-estate co. in Vermont.

    The biggest draw back I see is if your interested in taking action shots,
    fireworks, lighting etc. perhaps there is a way around the problem of time
    delay but so far I have not found it.

    The lens on my camera makes allot of difference in the good shots I get.
    Shop around and know your final purpose. Good luck.

    --
    [url]www.photoartbyposie.com[/url]
    Photographic art over the internet!

    Posie Guest

  3. #3

    yes, digital will win the market... however, "when?" is the real question.

    if I had the money, I'd go for a Canon 10D right now. The 10D is a digital
    slr, which IMHO, is the best of both worlds. the familiar SLR body, and the
    high quality of digital. a friend of mine emailed me a pic she took with
    a 10D demo camera in a camera store. outstanding quality!

    I'd really get a Canon SLR, and wait a year or two for the digital SLR
    prices to drop, and the quality to increase.

    --
    Jerry
    [url]www.whatevah.com[/url] / jerry at whatevah dot com

    "Steve" <sjm1027> wrote in message
    > Now with the latest in technology would you say it is better to get a
    > serious digital or serious SLR to take great pictures for prints. I know a
    > few years back SLR had the edge but is Digital going to win the market?
    >
    > Thanks

    Whatevah Guest

  4. #4

    "Whatevah" <whatevahdespammed.com> wrote in message
    > yes, digital will win the market... however, "when?" is the real question.
    >
    > if I had the money, I'd go for a Canon 10D right now. The 10D is a
    digital
    > slr, which IMHO, is the best of both worlds. the familiar SLR body, and
    the
    > high quality of digital. a friend of mine emailed me a pic she took
    with
    > a 10D demo camera in a camera store. outstanding quality!
    >
    > I'd really get a Canon SLR, and wait a year or two for the digital SLR
    > prices to drop, and the quality to increase.
    >
    > --
    > Jerry
    > [url]www.whatevah.com[/url] / jerry at whatevah dot com
    > (spambait [email]uceftc.gov[/email] )
    >
    > "Steve" <sjm1027> wrote in message
    > > Now with the latest in technology would you say it is better to get a
    > > serious digital or serious SLR to take great pictures for prints. I know
    > > few years back SLR had the edge but is Digital going to win the market?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    That is right Whatewah. I sold my Bronika 6x4.5 with two lenses , grip and
    Polaroid back . I bought Canon G5 digital Camera and a lot of memory. I'm
    impressed by quality of pictures I can take by this toy. Quality I can
    compare to 35 mm scans. By now I'm waiting for prices to fall down and will
    buy digital SLR. G5 has a full control and quiet good zoom so for my
    purposes it is more than I really need. I'm using my G5 for studio glamour
    photography. Friend of mine famous British photographer Nigel Holmes also is
    using digital camera for his glamour professional work. He uses Olympus
    digital toy camera for his outstanding publishing work. See his website at
    [url]www.girlfiles.co.uk[/url]. Ps. I will never go back to film.

    Andy Guest

  5. #5

    I use a D100 Nikon which takes 6.1 megapixel images. Printed, it is
    virtually impossible to tell that the image was digitally taken. I would
    say digital...but only if you are willing to spend the money to buy a >5 or
    6 MP camera...if not, film is much better still.

    Deno

    "Steve" <sjm1027> wrote in message
    > Now with the latest in technology would you say it is better to get a
    > serious digital or serious SLR to take great pictures for prints. I know a
    > few years back SLR had the edge but is Digital going to win the market?
    >
    > Thanks

    Deno J. Andrews Guest