Professional Web Applications Themes

Director Next Roadmap Survey - Macromedia Director 3D

Hi all, I've created a new Director survey that attempts to gather information on current user base and their expectations going forward. Will say that it is not a wish list survey but one that looks deeper at features and how they translate into real projects. I have done this by asking users to the following: (1) rank broad feature categories (3D, text, sound.) (2) look at a subset of these broad categories and rank them (3) give detailed examples of products that employ these features. I have other sections that look at 'How you use Director', 'Director 11' and ...

  1. #1

    Default Director Next Roadmap Survey

    Hi all,

    I've created a new Director survey that attempts to gather information
    on current user base and their expectations going forward. Will say that
    it is not a wish list survey but one that looks deeper at features and
    how they translate into real projects. I have done this by asking users
    to the
    following:
    (1) rank broad feature categories (3D, text, sound.)
    (2) look at a subset of these broad categories and rank them
    (3) give detailed examples of products that employ these features.

    I have other sections that look at 'How you use Director', 'Director 11'
    and 'About You'. These are short sections to give context to your
    feature answers. The most detailed section is on the features and how
    they will be used.

    This is the most detailed Director survey in history. It will take 25-45
    minutes to complete. The time will depend on how many feature categories
    you choose to focus on and how many examples you provide. I STRONGLY
    encourage you download a PDF version of the survey to review the
    questions and features covered. Once you have put your thoughts
    together, you can then enter your answers online.

    I'm using Survey Monkey to manage and collate the survey. Please go to
    the following URL first:
    http://www.deansdirectortutorials.com/survey/DirectorRoadmap/
    It gives the survey link, the PDF version, and some general info on the
    survey.

    The survey is mainly focused on users that develop products with
    Director. But educators, learners, or anyone else that uses Director in
    some form other than commercial development, can fill it in. So, spread
    the word:)

    Last thing for this email is a thanks to all that helped put this
    together. This includes input from Ben (Duck), Noisecrime, and various
    people at Adobe. Special thanks to Thomas McCrystal for his large role
    in formulating and reviewing questions.

    Thanks.

    regards
    Dean

    Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast
    http://www.deansdirectortutorials.com/
    http://www.multimediacreative.com.au
    email: edu.au

    Dean Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Director Next Roadmap Survey

    Thanks very much for all your efforts helping put this together! I for one
    appreciate it.

    I hope Adobe really put some resources behind the next version and get
    Director back on track.

    Best regards

    Richard Smith

    "Dean Utian" <edu.au> wrote in message

    Richard Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks Richard,

    Currently, 104 have started the survey, but only 75 have completed it to
    section 4. In section 1 and 2, I have 104 responses. In section 3, question 1,
    I have 78. The rest of section 3 has lower responses.

    I'd be very happy with 500 responses. But for now, want to get over 200 at
    least. So keep them coming people:)

    regards
    Dean