Professional Web Applications Themes

Director Trial version - projector files - Macromedia Director Basics

I am a Flash MX user experimenting with the trial version of Director to see if my Flash program will run faster in Director. I cannot seem to generate projector files with the trial version. Is it me or is it that the trial version does not allow this feature ? I have had a reponse from tech support sending me to a specific web page which just gives a general comment that not all features may be functional but no specific answer to my question. Any comments / help will be appreciated. Regards....

  1. #1

    Default Director Trial version - projector files

    dadico webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Director Trial version - projector files

    Well, you don't need to create a projector...I can tell you that your Flash
    program will NOT run faster in Director. At best it will run the same as it
    does in Flash...at worst it will be slower. To specifically answer your
    question I believe that people have posted in this forum that you can not
    create a projector with the trial version. Someone can correct me if I am
    wrong.

    hth,
    Doug
    "dadico" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I am a Flash MX user experimenting with the trial version of Director to
    see if my Flash program will run faster in Director. I cannot seem to
    generate projector files with the trial version. Is it me or is it that the
    trial version does not allow this feature ? I have had a reponse from tech
    support sending me to a specific web page which just gives a general comment
    that not all features may be functional but no specific answer to my
    question. Any comments / help will be appreciated. Regards.

    Doug Golenski Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    I have installed a trial version, but I can see the create projector
    function which is NOT dim. I think we can create projector in trial
    version.

    Joseph

    "Doug Golenski" <dougnospam.com> wrote in message
    > Well, you don't need to create a projector...I can tell you that your
    Flash
    > program will NOT run faster in Director. At best it will run the same as
    it
    > does in Flash...at worst it will be slower. To specifically answer your
    > question I believe that people have posted in this forum that you can not
    > create a projector with the trial version. Someone can correct me if I am
    > wrong.
    >
    > hth,
    > Doug
    > "dadico" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > I am a Flash MX user experimenting with the trial version of Director to
    > see if my Flash program will run faster in Director. I cannot seem to
    > generate projector files with the trial version. Is it me or is it that
    the
    > trial version does not allow this feature ? I have had a reponse from tech
    > support sending me to a specific web page which just gives a general
    comment
    > that not all features may be functional but no specific answer to my
    > question. Any comments / help will be appreciated. Regards.

    Joecities Guest

  4. #4

    > I have installed a trial version, but I can see the create projector
    > function which is NOT dim. I think we can create projector in trial
    > version.
    Hmm... Trial version or Educational version? I know the Educational version can make projectors, though it throws the MM splash
    logo up before and after running the file. I think the Trial version is a different story though? Not sure, since I only used
    Educational and Full versions...

    Darrel Hoffman Guest

  5. #5

    I have created projector files from both PC and Mac trial versions that I am currently evaluting with no problem. Hope that helps. Steve

    backpages webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest