In article <timmcn-CB9A61.17344930062003gemini.visi.com>,
Tim McNamara <timmcnbitstream.net> wrote:
> On my wife's B&W G3, running OS 8.6, the Sleep and Restart commands
> have disappeared from the Special menu. I can't figure out how to get
> them back for her- I've never seen anything like it and couldn't find
> anything in the c.s.m.s. archives or via Google. Can anyone help me
> preserve my facade of manly computer expertise?

Try restarting (you may have to use the front panel reset button) and
hold down the shift key. See if the menu functions have returned. If
they do use extension manager to look for any new ur strange extension
or control panel which might be the culprit.

--
Clark Martin