Professional Web Applications Themes

Disappearing text in web pages: possibly css? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

We have several IE users complaining that 2 links are missing from the nav bar of our site. As many computers as I've tried to te this issue, I can't te it. http://www.bangornews.com There are links to obituaries on the left hand vertical navbar with the text link "Obituaries" and a link to obits with the text "Obits" in the horizontal navbar. These users are complaining that these links have disappeared from their browsers. One said user sent me the html of the page, and indeed all of the html, a href tags and font tags surrounding the text "Obituaries" ...

  1. #1

    Default Disappearing text in web pages: possibly css?

    We have several IE users complaining that 2 links are missing from the nav bar of our site. As many computers as I've tried to te this issue, I can't te it.

    http://www.bangornews.com

    There are links to obituaries on the left hand vertical navbar with the text link "Obituaries" and a link to obits with the text "Obits" in the horizontal navbar. These users are complaining that these links have disappeared from their browsers.

    One said user sent me the html of the page, and indeed all of the html, a href tags and font tags surrounding the text "Obituaries" and "Obits" has disappeared on their browsers. The text words previously mentioned have also disappeared as well. If I send the said user directly to the link missing, the obituary page also does not function properly. The links to view the detailed obituary do are missing and you cannot click on the person's name to view the obituary, which is a traditional a href tag. This site template is used extensively throughout the site, but the problem seems to be only with obituaries.

    This is a problem I've been trying to fix for about 3 months with no luck. I've also attached a link to our site css.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Referring URLs
    www.bangornews.com
    www.bangornews.com/advertising/class/obituaries/index.cfm
    http://www.bangornews.com/assets/css/sitecss.css

    cfpaperboy2 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Disappearing text in web pages: possibly css?

    On 09 Aug 2003 in macromedia.dreamweaver, wrote:

    Works here (NN7 and IE5.5, Win98). Maybe they're running one of those
    fool ad/popup blockers and it doesn't like the 'Obit' link?

    Obits</a>

    --
    Joe Makowiec can be reached at:
    http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe

  3. #3

    cfpaperboy2 wrote:

    Follow up on Joe's suggestion. It is ad-blocking software that is killing
    the obit link and that software will strip the code just as you describe.
    It probably has something to do with the banner ad that appears just above
    your horizontal navbar. Ask that cooperative reader to disable ad-blocking
    as a test, and I'll bet you a functioning obit link will magically
    reappear. If it does, you might consider installing that ad-blocker
    (probably Norton) on your test machine and troubleshooting your page.
    Incidentally, it has nothing to do with Internet Explorer. Ad-blocking
    will have the same effect on Netscape or Opera.
    --
    trx
    trx Guest