Professional Web Applications Themes

Discolorized when importing EPS into PS6 - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I'm exporting an EPS From Macromedia Flash 2004. And when I import it into Photoshop 6, most of the colors are usually off. However, when I import it into Paint Shop Pro 7, they are just fine (like they are in Flash 2004). Example below.....

  1. #1

    Default Discolorized when importing EPS into PS6

    Uranium-235@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Discolorized when importing EPS into PS6

    Photoshop is color managed PSP is not.
    John_Slate@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    ok. I'm not 100% sure what you're saying.

    Any idea on how to get it looking like it should?
    Uranium-235@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    When you import an eps into Pshop, you should be getting a dialog box that asks for resolution, size and color. Make sure that it isn't set to greyscale.

    ninja
    ninjasavant@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    yeah I know about it.

    I tried RGB, CMYK and lab a long time ago. Same result.
    Uranium-235@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    You'll want to check your Color Settings (Edit>Color Settings). Within this dialog, you can choose a preset color setting for your system, create a custom profile or turn color management off completely. Rerunning Adobe Gamma to calibrate your monitor display might also be a good idea.

    Just try these options and see if it helps.
    BLUDVLZ@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    it was off. hmmm. I tried even using the color profile that came with my own monitor. Nothing seemed to help. Nor did using Adobe Gamma.

    I also tried different RGB settings, under working spaces and color management policies. Nothing helped. Maybe it's just a EPS bug in Photoshop 6?
    Uranium-235@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    The ochre color seems to be the biggest offender so let's concentrate on that...

    How is this color defined in Macromedia Flash?

    As RGB no doubt, but what of the RGB numbers?

    You see, unless this color is somehow given a device-independent color definition from it's native application, then those RGB numbers represent an ambigous definition of that color. Depending on what color space you view them in will determine the color that you see.

    It also looks like your Photoshop image is CMYK, whereas the PSP file is what mode? It could very well be that the problem color is outside the CMYK gamut, and will change color when converted to CMYK, depending on your rendering intent.

    When you say "Any idea on how to get it looking like it should?" remember that the Photoshop preview just might be the more correct preview, being color managed. On the otherhand, a color that originates in an un-colormanaged application might arguably be said to be "correct" to the user in it's native app, regardless of any inherant ambiguity that may ensue from export/import issues.
    John_Slate@adobeforums.com Guest