Professional Web Applications Themes

discussion forum using dreamweaver mx - Macromedia Dreamweaver

newcomer to mx. could someone help i want to create a website to include a discussion/message forum for users accessed via a password Is this possible and what area of dreamweaver would i need to look at ? is it forms? thanks...

  1. #1

    Default discussion forum using dreamweaver mx

    jonnyfriendly webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: discussion forum using dreamweaver mx

    "jonnyfriendly" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > newcomer to mx. could someone help
    > i want to create a website to include a discussion/message forum for users
    > accessed via a password
    > Is this possible and what area of dreamweaver would i need to look at ?
    > is it forms?
    A message board is probably doable in DW if you have the time and
    skills, but I suppose it would take a lot of the former. Why not take a
    look at the many free message ( or "bulletin") boards available out
    there? Find out which script your host supports, then go to e.g.
    [url]www.hotscripts.com[/url] and shop around, or directly to e.g.
    [url]www.ikonboard.com[/url] which IMHO is an excellent choice.

    HTH

    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]
    Contact me directly by clicking here:
    [url]http://contact.vendel.info[/url]
    Formmail tutorial:
    [url]http://www.vendel.info/tut/formmail.html[/url]
    Nested table demonstration:
    [url]http://www.vendel.info/tabletut/[/url]

    Dan Vendel *GOF* Guest

  3. #3

    Scripts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    First try scripts websites that offer free scripts for password and forums. Then it is a matter of cutting and pasting the scripts into dw. of course you will have to understand a little of scripts. DW makes it simple to use scripts in the pages.

    lostaussie webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Another you might look at (ASP model) is
    [url]http://forum.snitz.com/[/url]

    "Dan Vendel *GOF*" <see_my_signature__the_bottom_of_the_post.com> wrote in
    message news:bfr6nl$goc$7forums.macromedia.com...
    > "jonnyfriendly" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >
    > > newcomer to mx. could someone help
    > > i want to create a website to include a discussion/message forum for
    users
    > > accessed via a password
    > > Is this possible and what area of dreamweaver would i need to look at ?
    > > is it forms?
    >
    > A message board is probably doable in DW if you have the time and
    > skills, but I suppose it would take a lot of the former. Why not take a
    > look at the many free message ( or "bulletin") boards available out
    > there? Find out which script your host supports, then go to e.g.
    > [url]www.hotscripts.com[/url] and shop around, or directly to e.g.
    > [url]www.ikonboard.com[/url] which IMHO is an excellent choice.
    >
    > HTH
    >

    > Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    > [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]
    > Contact me directly by clicking here:
    > [url]http://contact.vendel.info[/url]
    > Formmail tutorial:
    > [url]http://www.vendel.info/tut/formmail.html[/url]
    > Nested table demonstration:
    > [url]http://www.vendel.info/tabletut/[/url]

    Les Matthews Guest

  5. #5

    Snitz forums at
    [url]www.snitz.com[/url] is excellent.

    Durwood
    "jonnyfriendly" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > newcomer to mx. could someone help
    > i want to create a website to include a discussion/message forum for users
    > accessed via a password
    > Is this possible and what area of dreamweaver would i need to look at ?
    > is it forms?
    >
    > thanks

    Durwood Edwards Guest

  6. #6

    thanks for the help so far. forgot to mention that I am using an apple mac using osx
    will this affect the forum i use and does anyone know a good script for a mac

  7. #7

    jonnyfriendly webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  8. #8

    thanks dan, ill research the script options and get back if i have problems

    jonnyfriendly webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest