Professional Web Applications Themes

Display the PHYSICAL SIZE, the Dimenssions of a page? - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

Previous versions of Acrobat pro showed me, at a glance, what the Physical Size of each page was in the bottom left of the window. Now with Pro 7, I need to "MOUSE OVER" the general lower left area. This is the most annoying thing. How can I change the settings to make the page size a Static Element in the bottom bar?...

  1. #1

    Default Display the PHYSICAL SIZE, the Dimenssions of a page?

    Jack_Ball@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    It's not possible in Acrobat 7.

    It was added back as a preference in Acrobat 8.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Gee whiz and
    Surprise surprise surprise Sgt Carter.
    They take a feature away that has been there for years and then add it back. I suppose I gotta pay for 8 too.

    They're as bad all the others.

    Software companies are slowly inching up my evil corporation list just like the oil companies. God how I long for the days of the stability of OS9, QXD 4, Ill-10 P-shop 7.
    Jack_Ball@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    God how I long for the days of the stability of OS9...

    You're kidding, right?
    MarkATS@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I don't believe so.

    I too long for the days I had the abilites of stuff I could do in Acrobat 5 in OS9.2.2.

    Except for the 3-d stuff I don't use, I still belive Acrobat 5 was the best Acrobat ever designed. Sigh! I suppose we have to progress. Up Until 8 I could not even use PDF's created in 6 or 7 without converting to 5 format. Evidently a bug was accidentlly fixed. I couldn't even open 6 or 7 format files using preview on a mac. And If I couldn't view them in Preview then no one could view my Pdfs on a website. Or I couldn't send to PC people.
    pjonesCET@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I loved Acrobat 5 - i had black hair then and had to read a smaller user
    manual ...

    Jon
    Jon Bessant Guest

  7. #7

    Well I still have Black hair plenty of it. But I can't say that for my beard though. ;-) It's mostly grey and feels about like a brillo Pad ;-)

    What users manual Acrobat 8 despite being sent in a Box didn't even have a Manual except for a little 20 page getting started thiing. ;-)
    pjonesCET@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Acrobat has never had a PRINTED user manual. Well, maybe Acrobat 2, but not in Acrobat 3, the first one I used, or anyone after. Jon's referring to the PDF manual Help > Complete Acrobat Help which has gotten bigger, not in pages but in listings, with every version.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    I seem to remember Acrobat 4 was the version which killed the manual. It
    was the start of the eBook craze !!

    Jon
    Jon Bessant Guest

  10. #10

    Jon is right. I still have a copy of Acrobat 3 at home and it has/had a manual.
    Larry_G._Schneider@adobeforums.com Guest