Professional Web Applications Themes

Distiller 6.0.2 unexpectedly quits - please help - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

Distiller quits every-time now. This generic system error message pops up: "The application Distiller has unexpectedly quit. The system and other applications have not been affected. Would you like to submit a bug report to Apple?" This happen with all .ps files regardless of the application they were created by (quark, word, etc...) I've tried repairing permissions, deleted distiller's preference file and deleted font cache. No good. My work flow has completely stopped because of this issue and my deadlines won't wait for me ^_^...

  1. #1

    Default Distiller 6.0.2 unexpectedly quits - please help

    Sebastien_Robert@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Distiller 6.0.2 unexpectedly quits - please help

    possibly a corrupt font.
    MarkATS@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Corrupt font? I dismissed this possibility after I tried creating PDFs from different apps and docs using completly different fonts.
    Sebastien_Robert@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Go Distiller/Settings/Font Locations/
    Select ALL fonts and then REMOVE (yep! they all come back ...)

    Does this help?

    Jon
    Jon_Bessant@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks for trying to help. I really hope I can fix this soon.

    Jon, I'm trying to do as instructed. I can't seem to be able to select all the fonts at the same time (Command-A won't work, 'Select-All' is grayed out in the edit menu). I deleted them one by one but the instant I delete de last one they all reappear in the list, same fonts, exact same order. I'm running in circles. Is that what you meant by "(yep! they all come back ...)?"

    I've tried deleting everything but one line. Distiller still crashes unexpectedly.

    A little more details on my crash in case it can help: Distiller starts distilling the .ps file, progress bar goes all the way to about 95%, then it pauses for a second or two, then it crashes (quitting the app) leaving me with the system error message.

    Thanks again
    Sebastien_Robert@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Sebastian,

    You will have to hold the shift-key down, select the first font and
    scroll down to select the last for a *select all* - otherwise, click
    each in turn.

    I would also turn OFF the optimise for web function in Distiller also ...

  7. #7

    Sebastian,

    Sounds like a font problem. I've just clean installed Tiger and going through the process of reloading all the software. Distiller caused me the same problems you are experiencing - same error message and quit.

    Not sure what font management system you have, but the Apple Fontbook caused headaches in Panther and not convinced it is coping with X.4. I deleted (not just turned 'off') all fonts from Fontbook, except the system fonts that it defaulted to. I use Suitcase only. Have also read on the Apple forum that some people just delete Fontbook off the system but I chose not to do this.

    Rebooted and all works fine - generating PDFs the same as OSX.3

    Hope this helps
    Peter
    Peter_Holmes@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I also use suitcase. I'll try playing with the fonts tomorrow. thanks for your concerns.
    Sebastien_Robert@adobeforums.com Guest