Professional Web Applications Themes

Distributed mode install - Coldfusion - Getting Started

I am attempting to create a distributed install across two different physical servers. The webserver (IIS 6) and the Coldfusion application server (MX 7 Ent. Edition) are both running Windows 2003 SP1. I have followed the instructions in the doent below: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/administration/cfmx_in_distributed_[/url] mode/cfmx_in_distributed_mode02.html I ran into my first problem using wsconfig at step 6. The script was returning the error: "JRun server default cannot be found on host" I got around the error by adding a new Jrun server named "default" using the Jrun administrator running on the Coldfusion application server. I am now stuck on step 8 while attempting ...

  1. #1

    Default Distributed mode install

    I am attempting to create a distributed install across two different physical
    servers.
    The webserver (IIS 6) and the Coldfusion application server (MX 7 Ent.
    Edition) are both running Windows 2003 SP1.
    I have followed the instructions in the doent below:

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/administration/cfmx_in_distributed_[/url]
    mode/cfmx_in_distributed_mode02.html

    I ran into my first problem using wsconfig at step 6. The script was
    returning the error:
    "JRun server default cannot be found on host"
    I got around the error by adding a new Jrun server named "default" using the
    Jrun administrator running on the Coldfusion application server.

    I am now stuck on step 8 while attempting to verify the Coldfusion
    administrator. When I try to load the administrator or any cfm page from the
    webserver, I get the following error:
    Server Error
    Either the Macromedia application server is unreachable or it does not have a
    mapping to process this request.

    Html pages load fine from the webserver.
    I have checked the application and webserver extension mappings in IIS on the
    webserver. They appear to be correct.
    After many hours of research and experimentation I still do not have a
    solution.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    dday Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Distributed mode install

    I finally figured out the problem. The wsconfig (step 6) instructions from the
    above Configuring distributed mode article are NOT correct for Coldfusion 7,
    only 6. In 7 Macromedia decided to change the name of the default Jun server
    that is installed during the CF installation from "default" to "cfusion".
    After reading this article:
    [url]http://livedocs.macromedia.com/jrun/4/Installing_JRun/servconf3.htm[/url]
    I found that the wsconfig.jar script accepts the "-server" parameter in which
    you can specify the Jrun server to connect to while setting up the connectors.
    The default value of the "-server" param is "default". That is why I was
    getting the error above. You need to specify the "-server" param to "cfusion".
    Example:
    c:\progra~1\java\j2re1.4.2_08\bin\java -jar c:\temp\wsconfig.jar -ws IIS -site
    "0" -map .cfm,.cfc,.cfml,.jsp -host 192.168.0.1 -server cfusion
    Of course, you need to change the jre path, wsconfig.jar path, and -host IP
    to match your setup.
    I first removed all of the previous connectors I set up with using the
    "default" Jrun server (using the -r param), then re-ran the script with the
    -server parameter.
    That fixed the problem!

    dday Guest

  4. #4