I am receiving an intermittent and inconsistent error on
my asp page. I am using ADO to connect to an Oracle 9 db,
and it usually works fine, but occassionally the
dllhost.exe it is running in will hang, or a Catastrophic
Failure error will be raised. This occurs when calling
the connection object open method. Sometimes I get past
the open method, and then it will raise 'An Exception
Occurred' 'open' on the recordset object open method. I
am using the Oracle OLEDB Provider.

Environment:
Windows 2000 SP 4
MDAC 2.7 RTM Refresh
Oracle Client 9.2.0.1.0
Oracle 9iR2 Patch Set 9.2.0.4.0
Oracle Provider for OLEDB 9.2.0.2.0
Oracle database is 9.2 with latest patch

I found one article that suggested setting Oracle values
for the MSDTC registry key, and give IUSR_ and IWAM_
accounts full control to this key. I did that and no
longer get 100% cpu utilization, but still receive the
aforementioned problems.

If I kill the dllhost.exe process the web site recovers.

Any help you could offer would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Perry Richard
City of Edmonton
SLIM Web Team