Professional Web Applications Themes

Do Canon EF lenses come with a hood and pouch? - Photography

Alan F Cross wrote: > I assume that all EF lenses, as delivered, include front and rear caps. > Do they include a hood and pouch as well? It is different from one lens to another. Consumer lenses don't include a pouch or a hood. L series lenses usually come with both. You can always go to, for example, B&H Web site and check what's delivered with the lens. -- Best regards, Andrey Tarasevich...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Do Canon EF lenses come with a hood and pouch?

    --
    Best regards,
    Andrey Tarasevich

    Andrey Tarasevich Guest

  2. #2

    Far as I know the hood is not included on any lens where it is not
    specified in the catalog. I honestly don't remember if any of my lenses came
    with a pouch - I throw them away anyway. They are like Ever-Ready cases -
    just another thing to slow down using the camera.

    --
    [url]http://www.chapelhillnoir.com[/url]
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
    "Alan F Cross" <alanxproaxis.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I assume that all EF lenses, as delivered, include front and rear caps.
    > Do they include a hood and pouch as well?
    > --
    > Alan F Cross

    Tony Spadaro Guest

  3. #3

    No, they don't, only the "L" lenses seem to do so. I had to buy the hood
    form my 28-135 IS separately, as I did for the 100 f2, 50 f1.8, my wife's
    28-105, etc.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    [url]www.shadowcatcherimagery.com[/url]
    "Alan F Cross" <alanxproaxis.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I assume that all EF lenses, as delivered, include front and rear caps.
    > Do they include a hood and pouch as well?
    > --
    > Alan F Cross

    Skip Middleton Guest

  4. #4

    Alan F Cross wrote:
    > I assume that all EF lenses, as delivered, include front and rear
    > caps. Do they include a hood and pouch as well?
    Just the L lenses when new. If the EF lens is not an L, the hood must be
    purchased separately. Canon does make and sell lens cases, but you might
    want to consider if you really need a lens case as opposed to a camera
    bag that can carry several lenses. The hood, on the other hand, is money
    well spent.

    Bill Jameson Guest

  5. #5

    In article <3F169FFE.8050707mail.med.upenn.edu>, Bill Jameson
    <bjamesonmail.med.upenn.edu> writes
    >Alan F Cross wrote:
    >
    >> I assume that all EF lenses, as delivered, include front and rear
    >>caps. Do they include a hood and pouch as well?
    >
    >Just the L lenses when new. If the EF lens is not an L, the hood must
    >be purchased separately. Canon does make and sell lens cases, but you
    >might want to consider if you really need a lens case as opposed to a
    >camera bag that can carry several lenses. The hood, on the other hand,
    >is money well spent.

    Nearly but not precisely accurate. My TS-E 45mm came with a hood (and
    probably a pouch as well, but like Tony S I just file these as they are
    no imaginable use). I imagine this is because this lens is of a price
    and quality akin to the L series; it simply does not have the "L"
    designation as it is a fairly straightforward design with no ULD,
    fluorite or aspherical elements. I have a sneaking suspicion that the
    same would be true of the 90mm TS-E, but I have never bought or even
    used one.
    --
    David Littlewood
    David Littlewood Guest