Professional Web Applications Themes

Do frames ? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I had a website in frames recently and it was my first go at it, and I was running into the problem that my pages that were supposed to be only in a specific frame on a specific page, never shown independently outside of the frame, these pages would show up on search engines independently and when they would be looked at they ed, no navigation, nothing. Is there a way to get around this when working with frames or iframes?...

  1. #1

    Default Do frames ?

    I had a website in frames recently and it was my first go at it, and I was
    running into the problem that my pages that were supposed to be only in a
    specific frame on a specific page, never shown independently outside of the
    frame, these pages would show up on search engines independently and when
    they would be looked at they ed, no navigation, nothing. Is there a way
    to get around this when working with frames or iframes?

    Brad Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Do frames ?

    The best way to avoid this is to keep from using Frames. There is really no
    good reason to use them, anyway.

    The answer to your question in your subject line is: yes.

    "Brad" <bradbrevetropeofsilicon.com> wrote in message
    > I had a website in frames recently and it was my first go at it, and I was
    > running into the problem that my pages that were supposed to be only in a
    > specific frame on a specific page, never shown independently outside of
    the
    > frame, these pages would show up on search engines independently and when
    > they would be looked at they ed, no navigation, nothing. Is there a
    way
    > to get around this when working with frames or iframes?

    middletree Guest

  3. #3

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:47:32 -0700, "Brad"
    <bradbrevetropeofsilicon.com> wrote:
    >I had a website in frames recently and it was my first go at it, and I was
    >running into the problem that my pages that were supposed to be only in a
    >specific frame on a specific page, never shown independently outside of the
    >frame, these pages would show up on search engines independently and when
    >they would be looked at they ed, no navigation, nothing. Is there a way
    >to get around this when working with frames or iframes?
    There is a way around that specific issue. There is a FrameJammer
    extension that will use JavaScript to load the page in its desired
    frameset. You can download it free at
    [url]http://www.pawluk.com/public/dw/dwfset.htm[/url].

    There are, however, several more usability issues with frames. Some
    can be overcome through the application of copious amounts of
    JavaScript, some cannot. Unless you have a very good reason for them,
    I'd suggest you abandon the frames. Most people using them are using
    them for all the wrong reasons. If you want to see what other monsters
    are lurking ahead, see [url]http://apptools.com/rants/framesevil.php[/url].

    Gary
    Gary White Guest

  4. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    John Guest
    Moderated Post

  5. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Brad Guest
    Moderated Post

  6. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    P@tty *TWB* Guest
    Moderated Post

  7. #7

    Q: Do bears sh*t in the forest?

    A: Yes, commonly.

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]

    Dan Vendel *GOF* Guest

  8. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Paul Taylor Guest
    Moderated Post

  9. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Gary White Guest
    Moderated Post

  10. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Murray *TMM* Guest
    Moderated Post

  11. #11

    Use that famous xx-small type....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Gary White" <replynewsgroup.please> wrote in message
    > "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Of course the best way to handle that is to control the vertical
    scrolling
    > > on the page by limiting its content....
    >

    > But then how will I EVER get my site to be all in one page. <gg>
    >
    > Gary

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  12. #12

    > Use that famous xx-small type....