Professional Web Applications Themes

Do I need separate license for installing to terminal server? - Adobe Indesign Windows

Does anyone know if Adobe requires a separate client access license for installing their products onto a terminal server? I'm thinking of Acrobat, InDesign, PageMaker, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Many thanks in advance! Charlie Lj...

  1. #1

    Default Do I need separate license for installing to terminal server?

    ljcharlie@hotmail.com Guest

  2. #2

    I would suggest to ask Adobe to get a clearly and correct answer, as this is
    a user-to-user forum. You can be sure you can't work with four persons on
    one license. But are you sure to stress the terminal server with
    ressource-hungry programms like the Creative Suite, programms which should
    installed locally on fast machines with a bunch of RAM to work smoothly? But
    if you can field a quad-3-gigahertz machine with 6 Gig RAM, maybe this could
    work for 4 clients. On the other hand you have to test if it really will
    work on a terminal server, best is you test it with the trial version if you
    haven't already bought a license.

    Jens

    Jens Schulze Guest

  3. #3

    Many thanks for your response. So you're saying putting Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator on a terminial license will be such a resource hog that I will have to have that amount of resource to serve those programs?

    Again, thank you for letting me that...I might have to try the trial version first then.

    Charlie
    ljcharlie@hotmail.com Guest

  4. #4

    > Many thanks for your response. So you're saying putting
    > Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator on a
    > terminial license will be such a resource hog that I will
    > have to have that amount of resource to serve those programs?
    I you want to provide the applications to more than one client, it is very
    likely. With these programms you can't have enough processor power and
    memory, and waiting is a pain. For my scripting development for InDesign I
    have here a Duron 1200 with 512 MB RAM - I wouldn't really work manually on
    it everyday.

    Jens

    Jens Schulze Guest

  5. #5

    So even if legally it is possible, physically you can't because the program is a huge resource hog if intending to serve around 5 people, correct?

    Charlie
    ljcharlie@hotmail.com Guest

  6. #6

    Charlie:

    Here's a link to an excellent article by Peter Linnell about DTP applications and networks. It's written specifically about PageMaker, but the advice it contains is applicable to any DTP application, including InDesign. <http://www.atlantictechsolutions.com/network.html>

    My advice? While it is possible to access DTP files across a robust network (emphasis on robust!), the programs themselves are so demanding of the processor and OS that they must be installed locally to achieve decent performance.
    Scott_McCullough@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    I heard some time ago it was possible to do such terminal setup, but it was
    slow as hell, so I can second Scott.

    Jens

    Jens Schulze Guest

  8. #8

    Thank you for the article. It seemed a pretty bad idea then.

    charlie
    ljcharlie@hotmail.com Guest