Professional Web Applications Themes

does adobe give a *** about customer feature requests? - Adobe Illustrator Windows

and once again i have my beloved pup-up illustrator info " could not save illustration". Once again my work has passed away. Once again I have to trash my "prefs" file. Once again I wonder, why did I pay so much for so unstable app... jeez, is it so hard to make it more stable, than load it up with new features? gimme the lead programmer and I'll force him to do so......

  1. #1

    Default does adobe give a *** about customer feature requests?

    krzysztof_zapolski@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    krzysztof:

    These problems are a great irritation. In my own case I have, so far, completely left them behind after an upgrade to Win XP SP2 about a year ago. I had all kinds of problems with Win 98 and 2000. steve
    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    krzysztof:
    Stephen makes a great point. Have you upgraded your Windows to the OS that the latest versions of Illi (10, CS, and CS2) are optimized for (XP and XP Pro)? Have you Patched your version of Illustrator with the latest patches? Have you defraged your hard drive (and as a professional, you do this every month, correct)? Do you run a virus scan at least once a week? Is your HD less than 4 years old, as older ones can start to fail and cause all kinds of crap problems. Of course, knowing that all computer owners know that these things are common knowledge, I assume that you answered yes to each and everyone of these questions. Then yell away, and let Adobe hear you. I am sure they work best under threats of violence, as we all do, right?
    Jonathan_McClintic@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    As indicated, it is possible for Illustrator to be very stable. I've been using Illustrator every day for over five years and have never had to trash my aiprefs file, nor has Illustrator crashed on me in well over two years. So the good news is, Illustrator is probably not your problem. There is probably a weak link in your system.

    Rob
    Rob_Hecker.@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    ok - i've upgraded to service pack2, defragged my hard drive, reinstalled il cs and... "an unknown error occured"

    please, don't tell me it's system or hardware problem - because NONE of the apps i'm working with [ in design, photoshop ] fails me that way.

    "meet your deadlines with ease"
    yeah....
    krzysztof_zapolski@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    krzysztof,

    I would suggest your trying the AIPrefs thing, with Illy closed: delete; if you like your settings you may save first so they are not lost in vain.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    of course - thrashin' prefs file was the first thing I've done.

    I'm just bored with this...
    krzysztof_zapolski@adobeforums.com Guest