Professional Web Applications Themes

DOWNLOAD NOT WORKING - Macromedia Flash Player

I'v tried many times downloading the Player off this site, and it doesn't work. I click download, and all I am presented with is a screen with an "F" and a green and white kind of loading spiral bar. I've tried other sites too. There is no pop up that comes up to download. And it just stays there like that. I've tried everything....

  1. #1

    Default DOWNLOAD NOT WORKING

    I'v tried many times downloading the Player off this site, and it doesn't work.
    I click download, and all I am presented with is a screen with an "F" and a
    green and white kind of loading spiral bar.
    I've tried other sites too.
    There is no pop up that comes up to download. And it just stays there like
    that.
    I've tried everything.

    sweethalen_ Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: DOWNLOAD NOT WORKING

    Can no one help me?
    I've tried everything again.
    So frustrating!
    sweethalen_ Guest

  3. #3

    [q]Originally posted by: sweethalen_
    Can no one help me?
    I've tried everything again.
    So frustrating![/q]
    What browser are you using? What "everything" have you tried?

    need Guest

  4. #4

    I'm using IE7.
    Well, by everything I mean everything on the Adobe website. I've uninstalled,
    done all that clearing stuff, cleared cookies/temp. Internet files.
    And then when I go to download the player again, I'm just presented with that
    screen. And no download pops up. Even when I went to the Adobe site and it gave
    this link to a sort of manual download, when I click into it, it says that I
    have a newer version already installed, and that this isn't the newest version,

    sweethalen_ Guest

  5. #5

    Read http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402435&sliceId=2 and see if that will solve your problem.
    need Guest

  6. #6

    I've tried that already, and when I do so, an error message appears, saying:
    'uninstall_flash_player.exe' is not recognised as an internal or external
    command, operable program or batch file.
    I have tried all the Adobe help pages.

    sweethalen_ Guest

  7. #7

    Nope, I'm having the same problem and IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!
    I can't watch You Tube, can't go to many sites. It's really annoying. Iv'e
    uninstalled abobe flash because that was what I was told to do, Iv'e installed
    JAVA, Iv'e 'enabled' everything, cleared cookies and it still will not install
    on my PC.
    This has been almost a week and I'm growing very tired of it.
    Will someone at Abobe please TRY and fix this I know it's not just me.

    Tom_ca Guest

  8. #8

    Exactly the same problem!
    I can't download the Adobe Flash Player.
    I was told to uninstall my Flash Player, and now I am left with nothing.
    There are so many others with the same problem!
    It's so frustrating!

    sweethalen_ Guest

  9. #9

    [q]Originally posted by: sweethalen_
    I've tried that already, and when I do so, an error message appears, saying:
    'uninstall_flash_player.exe' is not recognised as an internal or external
    command, operable program or batch file.
    I have tried all the Adobe help pages.[/q]
    Open the command window again and write down the name of the directory it
    starts in.
    Next, at the blinking cursor, type "path" without the quotes and hit the ENTER
    key.
    Write down the path as it is listed.
    Next, close out the command window.
    Next, write down the location of the uninstall_flash_player.exe file that you
    downloaded from Adobe.
    Please post that information.
    Thanks.

    need Guest

  10. #10

    I'm not really sure what you're asking for there.
    sweethalen_ Guest

  11. #11

    You probably have spyware or malware on your computer, or possibly a virus. Use
    good spyware and virus removal software programs to get rid of them. You may
    have to buy it at a store because you can't download anything.

    Gerg-gag-gig Guest

  12. #12

    [q]Originally posted by: sweethalen_
    I'm not really sure what you're asking for there.[/q]

    When you open your CMD window it should show an address on your computer.
    Mine says

    C:\DoentsandSettings\(my name)>

    In my case, I had to put the Adobe uninstaller in this folder to get that
    Technote to work for me. Unfortunately, after getting Adobe uninstalled it
    didn't fix my problem for IE insofar as reinstalling it. So would anyone know
    why this didn't work?

    JBFett Guest

  13. #13

    Since I am not as experienced in computers as some are I don't' know if the
    folder you used to download uninstall is correct. I chose to save it and
    browsed to chose placement and found C:\Windows . After opening cmd and typing
    in the clean command, hit enter key and viola! Everything was corrected and I
    reinstalled with no problem. I had already checked permissions and followed
    all of those fixes even though, I had not found permission problems. I was
    willing to try whatever since I was so frustrated.

    peggy3969 Guest

  14. #14

    [q]Originally posted by: sweethalen_
    I'm not really sure what you're asking for there.[/q]
    Which part aren't you sure about? In my 10-27 post I suggested you read Adobe
    TechNote kb402435. You said you had already tried that and it didn't work, so
    I'm assuming you know how to open a command window. So tell me what you aren't
    sure sbout.

    need Guest

  15. #15

    JBFett;

    Please look at the first post in this message thread:
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=18
    4&threadid=1301609&enterthread=y
    It was posted by BWOLFE[ADOBE].
    See if that helps.

    need Guest

  16. #16

    peggy3969 you are a computer whiz I did exactly the same thing as you... I
    copied the file Uninstall_flash_player.exe into the C:\WINDOWS folder. Then I
    went to the CMD line and I changed my directory from C:\ Donets and
    settings\ to... C:\WINDOWS. I then copied the following at the line
    C:\WINDOWS\ uninstall_flash_player.exe/clean. Following this I went
    to the Adobe site leaving my anti-virus and all the other program closed. I
    asked to install FLASH PLAYER and lo and behold it worked... I SAY AGAIN......
    IT WORKED, IT WORKED, IT WORKED... Peggy if you were here I would kiss you

    To see Peggy3936 originial post look at 10/29/2007 07:10:58 AM

    AAALt43 Guest

  17. #17

    SAME PROBLEM!!!
    nothing works...player wont download
    look at my new post...and plz reply

    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=18
    4&threadid=1310656&enterthread=y

    AlexISconfused Guest

  18. #18

    Thank you so much JBFett!
    It worked! I just had to move it into the right folder! Thank you so, so, very
    much!
    YAY! I'm so happy!
    I cannot thank you enough.
    I thought I'd never have it working again!

    sweethalen_ Guest

  19. #19

    My worst ever download experience.

    After spending an afternoon repeatedly trying to install Flash Player 9.0.47.0
    through AOL, Firefox and Internet Explorer, I rested awhile. Then I read on
    this site as well as CNET's reviews, Googled and thought about whether I wanted
    to spend more time on this.

    I finally was able to download and install it but not through Adobe's site. I
    did it through "The Software Patch":
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html

    When downloaded and installed as I did, this player will only work through
    Internet Explorer. Best wishes for a successful download.

    seattletwodogs Guest

  20. #20

    Well, now I feel dumb. Okay, here's how I got it working. I ran the uninstall
    from the CMD window. Then, I disabled my Norton's Anti-Virus and (it's funny
    how you miss something simple like this) my Norton's Internet Security. I went
    to the dowload page and it installed correctly very quickly. So ends a week of
    banging my head against the desk. Thanks to everyone on this site working to
    fix this problem. I don't think I could have stood to continue switching
    between firefox and IE. Best wishes to everyone still grappling with this.

    JBFett Guest