Professional Web Applications Themes

download problem - Macromedia Shockwave

Flash appears to download. Files transfer but installation does not occur. I get no message on my browser. I deleted register as suggested with no success. Am using XP and internet explorer. Any comments...

  1. #1

    Default Download Problem

    Flash appears to download. Files transfer but installation does not occur. I
    get no message on my browser. I deleted register as suggested with no success.
    Am using XP and internet explorer.
    Any comments

    tony1915 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Download Problem

    tony1915 wrote:
    > Flash appears to download. Files transfer but installation does not occur. I
    > get no message on my browser. I deleted register as suggested with no success.
    > Am using XP and internet explorer.
    Do the troubleshooting steps at:
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/[/url]

    --
    Regards,

    Bentley Wolfe
    Senior Support Engineer, Macromedia
    Senior Escalation Engineer, Flash

    Macrochats are live, online technical product presentations!
    View the list of Macrochat topics here: [url]www.macromedia.com/community[/url]
    Bentley Wolfe Guest

  3. #3

    I experience the same problem. Flash player appears to install from the
    downloaded installer but the installation does not occur. I have followed all
    of the trouble shooting steps in the link that you included in your reply. I
    have deleted tin the registry the file as stated. I have uninstalled and
    reinstalled FP7. I have searched for and removed "flash.ocx" and "nswp32" from
    the plugin. I have checked and con firmed the IE is set properly. All have been
    done with no success. I am using XP, SP1 and Internet Explorer 6.
    Please help!!
    :disgust;

    huns3 Guest

  4. #4

    huns3 wrote:
    > I experience the same problem. Flash player appears to install from the
    > downloaded installer but the installation does not occur. I have followed all
    > of the trouble shooting steps in the link that you included in your reply. I
    > have deleted tin the registry the file as stated. I have uninstalled and
    > reinstalled FP7. I have searched for and removed "flash.ocx" and "nswp32" from
    > the plugin. I have checked and con firmed the IE is set properly. All have been
    > done with no success. I am using XP, SP1 and Internet Explorer 6.
    Well then, try the steps in this thread. You may have the infamous
    '1904' problem (which we're still working on solving).

    <http://groups-beta.google.com/group/macromedia.players.flash/browse_frm/thread/459c1d7b066e792d/27f396d055f6cfd9?q=1904+group:*flash*&rnum=1&hl=en #27f396d055f6cfd9>

  5. #5

    I have tried the steps in this thread. I guess I have the "infamous 1904 problem". Do you have an update on progress to fix it?
    :disgust;
    huns3 Guest

  6. #6

    huns3 wrote:
    > I have tried the steps in this thread. I guess I have the "infamous 1904 problem". Do you have an update on progress to fix it?
    > :disgust;
    At this time, no update. It's been a difficult issue to resolve so far.
    We keep working at it though, and when we have info we'll post it.

  7. #7

    I want to install a player on a pc without internet.
    I can't found a setup for install offline, where can i find it?
    steven51 Guest

  8. #8

    I hit install now and it immediately shows me the 'install complete' video that
    spins. Well, I can't find it in my computer, there isn't a pop up that tells
    me to do anything else, I've restarted the computer, tried to download it again
    and get the same thing. I have no idea what to do, when I go back to the page
    I want to view it still says I must download the flash player. Please help if
    you can.

    __Heather*__ Guest

  9. #9

    I had problems with downloading too. But today I succeeded with the download
    after I updated windows xp . The pop-up bar (I think it doesn't always show
    itself)that prevented me from downloading didn't show today. Maybe adobe
    updated the download-site too?

    I don't get sound when playing movies with the flash player (9.0...) though...

    BerserkerBeastbuster Guest

  10. #10

    Hello,
    I cannot download any items from Adobe Download Center, I have followed all
    Adobe's suggestions, regarding download problems, with no luck. I've even had
    the assistance of Microsoft technical support, regarding the inability to
    download from Adobe. Could you or anyone point me to an alternative, place to
    download? Or could someone from Adobe email me the latest FlashPlayer for
    Internet Explorer. Likewise the same problem exsists for Shockwave.

    I've noticed that my current FlashPlayer is ver. 6.x, does this need to be
    removed, prior to installation of latest version? Likewise same question for
    Shockwave. If un-install is required are manual un-install instructions
    available for each product? Just in case I have difficulty in downloading
    Adobe's un-installer.

    Thanks
    rico

    Rico321 Guest