Professional Web Applications Themes

Drawing a Circle - Macromedia Fireworks

I want to draw a circle. According to the help system, "The basic shape drawing tools are in the Vector section of the Tools panel". My Vector section only shows ONE shape item and it's a rectangle. Where are the others?...

  1. #1

    Default Drawing a Circle

    Rick100 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Drawing a Circle

    "Rick100" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I want to draw a circle. According to the help system, "The basic shape
    drawing tools are in the Vector section of the Tools panel". My Vector
    section only shows ONE shape item and it's a rectangle. Where are the
    others?

    Click and hold on the icon for the Rectangle tool (second row, first icon in
    the Vector Tools section) and you'll see the other tools. The Ellipse tool
    is what you're after. Incidentally, any tool icon in the Tools panel that
    has a small triangle in its lower right-hand corner has other options/tools
    that are available in the same fashion.

    Hope this helps!

    --
    scott fegette
    macromedia, inc.

    Scott Fegette Guest

  3. #3

    It's not a circle tool. It's an ellipse tool. :)

    However, if you want to draw a circle hold the shift key while dragging out
    a circle.

    BR

    "Scott Fegette" <sfegettemacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > "Rick100" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > I want to draw a circle. According to the help system, "The basic shape
    > drawing tools are in the Vector section of the Tools panel". My Vector
    > section only shows ONE shape item and it's a rectangle. Where are the
    > others?
    > >

    > Click and hold on the icon for the Rectangle tool (second row, first icon
    in
    > the Vector Tools section) and you'll see the other tools. The Ellipse
    tool
    > is what you're after. Incidentally, any tool icon in the Tools panel
    that
    > has a small triangle in its lower right-hand corner has other
    options/tools
    > that are available in the same fashion.
    >
    > Hope this helps!
    >
    > --
    > scott fegette
    > macromedia, inc.
    > [email]sfegettemacromedia.com[/email]

    Bill Ray Guest

  4. #4

    Thanx, Bill- you are of course geometrically correct ... ;-)

  5. #5

    Now if only I could get this lump in my belly to move up closer to my
    neck.....then MAYBE I'd be geometrically correct! (Computer work can take
    it's toll... :\ )

  6. #6

    Default Re: Drawing a Circle - other choices don't always appear

    Sometimes when I click the rectangle I see the other tools listed and sometimes I don't. The same holds true of other tools that have a drop down arrow next to them; that is sometimes I see other choices and sometimes I don't. What makes the difference? What condition is necessary to see the drop down items?

    Rick100 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #7

    Hold down the mouse button for a second or two?

    > Sometimes when I click the rectangle I see the other tools listed and
    sometimes I don't. The same holds true of other tools that have a drop down
    arrow next to them; that is sometimes I see other choices and sometimes I
    don't. What makes the difference? What condition is necessary to see the
    drop down items?

    Chester Harold Guest

  8. #8

    I have drawn a circle in fireworks, but it is quite pixelated, the line shows a jagged edge.

    on screen and prints this way as well

    How do I draw a circle that has a smooth line?

    Thanks

    Norm7328 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  9. #9

    In article <bj6biq$j6b$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    "Norm7328" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > How do I draw a circle that has a smooth line?
    Set the Fill to anti-aliased.

    --
    Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
    [url]http://www.hummingbirds.net/[/url]

  10. #10

    Thanks, Larry, but I still seem to have a problem.

    I set the FILL to anti-alias & solid
    I set STROKE to pencil & pencil-hard

    I looked at layers but that offered me no help.

    Would you have any other hints for me.

    Thanks, Norm

    Norm7328 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  11. #11

    "Norm7328" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >Thanks, Larry, but I still seem to have a problem.
    >
    >I set the FILL to anti-alias & solid
    >I set STROKE to pencil & pencil-hard
    >
    >I looked at layers but that offered me no help.
    >
    >Would you have any other hints for me.
    >
    >Thanks, Norm

    Change the pencil stroke to 1-pixel soft. You must also realize that Fireworks is displaying at 72 dpi, a low resolution setting that is for screen display only. Fireworks RENDERS pixels to the vector shape, much as a 3D application maps a texture to a spline. You can choose Modify > Canvas > Image Size and change the resolution and print size to get your file to print cleaner, then undo the history to return to Web resolution. When displayed at 100% at 72pixels per inch, a 1-pixel smooth setting should appear reasonably clean.

    --
    enthusiastically,
    mark haynes

    Announcing Macromedia DevNet Subscriptions
    Maximize your power with our new premium software subscription for Macromedia developers
    Find out more: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/devnetsubs/[/url]

    mark haynes Guest

  12. #12

    How do you draw a circle in Illustrator 10?
    The vertical bar with the tools and the
    illustrator picture at the top, does not have
    a circle and I cannot find a circle option anywhere
    in the application.

    Please give me some button for button instructions.
    Many thanks!

    Adrian Guest

  13. #13

    After you click on the rectangle tool once, click again after about one second and ALL the shape tools will appear.
    Unregistered Guest