Professional Web Applications Themes

Drawing tablets? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I have been using PSE since February, and now have been reading about these Wacom Graphire 2 tablets. It sure seems that it would be easier to be using a pen rather than a mouse in a lot of PSE situations. I have asked my instructor, and hopefully between her advice and you wonderful peoples advice, I will find out if I would benefit by purchasing one. I still am very much a beginner, but really want to keep using PSE forever. I love this program. Just need more time,,,,,,,,,, Thanks, Jane...

  1. #1

    Default Drawing tablets?

    I have been using PSE since February, and now have been reading about these Wacom Graphire 2 tablets.
    It sure seems that it would be easier to be using a pen rather than a mouse in a lot of PSE situations.
    I have asked my instructor, and hopefully between her advice and you wonderful peoples advice, I will find out if I would benefit by purchasing one. I still am very much a beginner, but really want to keep using PSE forever. I love this program. Just need more time,,,,,,,,,,
    Thanks, Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Drawing tablets?

    Jane,

    You are correct -- the action of holding and drawing with a pen is far more
    intuitive than with a mouse. At least, in my opinion. I have far better
    control.

    You will find those who are perfectly happy with a mouse, as well... for
    me, I'm happy to have both.

    Byron

    Byron Gale Guest

  3. #3

    Jane,

    I just purchased a Graphire 2 tablet a couple of weeks ago. I had been
    wanting one for a while and finally made the plunge.

    I was a little concerned about the 4x5 size of the active area being a
    little small. But, now that I have it, I find that 4x5 feels about right
    for me and I think a larger pad would be too large for my preferences.

    I'm still adjusting the pen pressure sensitivity. As it came out of the
    box, it took a little heavier pressure than I care for but it has a
    sensitivity control and I've just about got it adjusted to my tastes. A
    little more tweaking and it should be fine.

    I'm still learning to use it so I haven't switched completely but I have
    noticed that I do have finer control. Your fingers have much finer control
    over motions than your wrist does. The one thing I haven't got the hang of
    yet is the pressure dynamics -- the size of your pressure dynamics aware
    tools change as you press harder or lighter. But, that's just a matter of
    practice.

    The tablet happily coexists with my existing mouse so I keep both plugged in
    and switch between them -- just keep the pen off the tablet when using the
    mouse. I don't care all that much for the mouse that came with the tablet,
    I like my old one better.

    I couldn't find a store where I could try one out before I got it but I
    think it's going to work out fine.

    Bob

    RobertHJones Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Byron and Robert, I do think that I will definatly get one!
    Like you say, I sure would love to try one before purchase, but when you here say you like them, that's a go-ahead for me.
    Thank you!
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest