Professional Web Applications Themes

Dream Weaver Crashing When Previewing In Explorer - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi all. I have just installed a trial of Dream Weaver on a PC running what I believe is Windows 98. I have been taking pages created in Dream Weaver on a Mac running OS9.2 and editing them on the PC. As soon as I try to preview the page it crashes Dream Weaver. The actually application doesn't close down, it just stops and I have to force quit Dream Weaver. The trial version will be upgraded to the full version in the next day or two but in the meantime I can't use it, and I don't know if ...

  1. #1

    Default Dream Weaver Crashing When Previewing In Explorer

    Hi all.

    I have just installed a trial of Dream Weaver on a PC running what I believe is Windows 98. I have been taking pages created in Dream Weaver on a Mac running OS9.2 and editing them on the PC. As soon as I try to preview the page it crashes Dream Weaver. The actually application doesn't close down, it just stops and I have to force quit Dream Weaver.

    The trial version will be upgraded to the full version in the next day or two but in the meantime I can't use it, and I don't know if its the computer or if upgrading to the full commercial version will solve the problem.

    Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

    Sorry I can't give more details, I'm not a PC user as a rule so my knowledge there is limited.

    Thanks.

    Phillip the Iguana webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 02:08:19 +0000 (UTC), "Phillip the Iguana"
    [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >I have just installed a trial of Dream Weaver on a PC running what I
    >believe is Windows 98. I have been taking pages created in Dream
    >Weaver on a Mac running OS9.2 and editing them on the PC. As soon as
    >I try to preview the page it crashes Dream Weaver. The actually
    >application doesn't close down, it just stops and I have to force
    >quit Dream Weaver.
    There could be a number of things contributing to your problem.
    Windows 9x/Me are notoriously bad development platforms because of the
    outdated memory model used. It's a carry over from Windows 3.x and
    development programs tend to exhaust it pretty quickly unless you
    seriously trim down background processes that may be running. Those
    background processes tend to creep in to your system over time so if
    it's been a while since the operating system was installed, you
    probably have several running that you don't even know about. If you
    click Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Resource Monitor,
    what does it say for your system resources?

    You say that you "believe" the O/S is Windows 98. If it's Windows 95
    instead, you should know that DreamweaverMX is not compatible with
    Windows 95. You should verify that your system meets the minimum
    system requirements before purchasing. You can find those requirements
    at [url]http://macromedia.com/software/dreamweaver/productinfo/sysreq/[/url].

    Note that the memory requirements listed in the page at the above URL
    are VERY conservative. Dreamweaver likes LOTS of memory. I would
    suggest at least 256Mb.
    >The trial version will be upgraded to the full version in the next
    >day or two but in the meantime I can't use it, and I don't know if
    >its the computer or if upgrading to the full commercial version will
    >solve the problem.
    The trial version is exactly the same as the full version, except for
    the trial period limitation. The full version will make no difference
    with this problem.

    One thing that you might try is starting an instance of Internet
    Explorer before you attempt the preview.

    Gary
    Gary White Guest

  3. #3

    I am experiencing the same issue.

    I use DreamWeaver MX 6.1 on Win2K on a 1.7 Ghz machine with 768 MB RAM. The
    preview in browser causes Dreamweaver to hang. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to
    get out of the program. I'm using a fully updated IE6 as the default
    browser. Other HTML applications previewing the same pages do not hang. I
    removed almost all of my extensions and have reinstalled Dreamweaver but
    have not found a solution to the problem.

    Martye

    "Phillip the Iguana" <com> wrote in message
    : Hi all.
    :
    As soon as I try to preview the page it crashes Dream Weaver. The actually
    application doesn't close down, it just stops and I have to force quit Dream
    Weaver.

    Martye Guest