Professional Web Applications Themes

Dreamweaver adding unwanted javascript - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

I have been having a problem for a while now where even though I have moved my javascript to an external file and inserted a standard link to this javascript file in the <head> area of a site template Dreamweaver intermittently adds the javascript itself back to the template thereby applying it to the various pages in the site on saves. Sometimes clearing the javascript out of the <head> area of the template and applying the template to the pages in the site clears the offending javascript out, sometimes not. The pages function as desired without the javascript added back, ...

  1. #1

    Default Dreamweaver adding unwanted javascript

    I have been having a problem for a while now where even though I have moved my
    javascript to an external file and inserted a standard link to this javascript
    file in the <head> area of a site template Dreamweaver intermittently adds the
    javascript itself back to the template thereby applying it to the various pages
    in the site on saves. Sometimes clearing the javascript out of the <head> area
    of the template and applying the template to the pages in the site clears the
    offending javascript out, sometimes not. The pages function as desired without
    the javascript added back, in other words the link to the external file works.

    I would like to keep the javascript (only a few lines to allow image swapping
    for rollovers) in an external file in order to keep the page code clean but
    Dreamweaver keeps occasionally adding it back.

    Here is the actual code I am using to link to the external file from the
    <head> section: (<script type="text/javascript"
    src="javascript/script.js"></script>). I am using Dreamweaver version 8.

    Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Any solutions?

    deruand Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Dreamweaver adding unwanted javascript

    I have the DW version 8 as well and though I haver never used template but maybe this:
    without section would work well.
    Bagi Guest

  3. #3

    > Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Any solutions?

    It's a known issue with legacy versions of DW. There is no workaround that
    I know of. It will happen with non-templated pages, as well.

    It only happens when you EDIT a behavior that is in the external javascript
    file.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "deruand" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  4. #4

    deruand Guest

  5. #5

    Yes, it does happen with non-templated pages, though I'm fairly sure it crops
    up when I just make minor changes to a page - rather than only when editing
    behaviors.

    I am experiencing this w/ DW8. Does the CS3 version remedy the problem?

    deruand Guest